52.

KAYLEE

"Why doesn't Kayla want me around you and my dad?" I ask my mom as we sit at the table. "Well Tyrone, Kayla's Dad use to beat them, and me when they were young." She says. "Tyrone isn't my dad?" I ask her. "No. Tyrone is a bad soul. He had random people come in and rape me for money, and that night I was high off pain pills. I just wanted all my problems  to go away that night, and he gave me a plan b after the man, your dad raped me. And the pills already had an affect on my body so my body rejected the plan bs." She says wiping her tears.

"So I am a rape baby." I say feeling bad, and embarrassed for myself. "That's doesn't make you any less of a human Haylee." She says. "It's Kaylee." I correct her. "My bad it's been so long." She says. "It's okay. But what does my—Kayla's dad have to do with us not being able to visit each other?" I ask her.

"Well me, and Kayla were fine, but when we escaped. I found a new boyfriend, Kayla didn't like that she wanted all my attention to go to her. She started skipping class, going out with her friend that little white girl I can't remember her name." She says. "Grace." I tell her. "Yeah. Well one day My boyfriend was taking her to school, and she told the people at school that he tried to rape her. When really she was the one who stabbed him that's why she ran in the School with blood on her hands and clothes." I say.

"So after that. I threw him out. I was going through her room one day, and saw her little notebook, and that's how I found out she was lying. I let him back in the house. Kayla started going out more, and Grace she just put such a influence on Grace. Kayla messed around and got pregnant at the age of 13 or 14." She says surprising me.

Kayla is such a hypocrite! "I was very upset at her. I tried to talk to her, but she blew up in my face. I told her I was gonna give all my rights up, but the next morning I woke up to get you ready for school y'all room was clean, and empty." She says. "She made you seem like such a bad person this bullshit." I say.

"Yeah well you here with me now so it's okay." She says. "So Kayla is she still with that handsome young man?" She asks me with a smile of lust. I hope she ain't gotta crush on Kyree. "Yeah they're married now. They got twins." I say. "Awe. They a good couple, or they argue all the time?" She asks me. "Good couple. He'd take a bullet for her. He always surprises her with big gifts and stuff." I say.

"Who all lives with you guys?" She asks me. "Umm. The twins, Kyree, Kayla, Me, Theo, Jayda, Kaya, and sometimes Ashanti visits." I say. "Who is Ashanti?" She asks. "Kyro's Daughter, Kyro is Kyree brother. Ashanti visits because Kayla is her mom." I say. "See what I mean. She messed with the brothers, and had a baby by both of em'." My mom says.

"Yeah well. Jayda is Kyree Sister who's the same after as me. Theo is somebody Kyree met off the street who is also my age. Kaya is me, and Kayla's niece." I say making her almost choke on her coffee. "Ken has a child?" She asks me. "Ken. Yeah. I don't remember him, but Kayla talks about him all the time to me, and she has a lot of pictures of him in her closet." I say. "Sabes cómo hablar español?" She asks me. "Por supuesto. Está en mis genes." I say making her smirk.

"So you do still talk to Kayla's dad?" I ask her. "Yeah. We do business together. But it's nothing more than that." She says getting up from the table. My phone starts ringing. I look at it seeing Theo's name run across my phone screen.

"Hello." I say. "Aye um. You good." He says sounding nervous. "Yeah why?" I ask him. "Kaylee you gotta get away from that house mane. Kyree found out they plotting on you. You gotta go." He says making me glance at her as she cooks breakfast. I see her drop something in my orange juice. I look straight as she glances back at me. "Oh my gosh Theo you are so stupid. I'll call you back though I gotta take a shower." I say falsely laughing and hanging up.