25.

KAYLA

I wake up to my phone going off. I pick it up answering it. "Hello." I say into the phone with a raspy voice. "Kayla?" I hear a crocked voice say into the phone. "Who is this?" I ask sitting up in bed. The line goes dead silent. ".. hello." I say again. "...it's your mom." The person says making my eyes water.

"Why are you calling me? You gave me up remember?" I ask for once being disrespectful to her. "I know baby, and I'm so sorry. I want to see you, and Kacy." She says. "It's Kaylee." I correct her. "I just want to see y'all. Please Kayla I know I betrayed you just let me see her." She begs. I sit there n silence contemplating on my answer. "Kayla." She says in a hurt tone. "..yes. I'll let you see her." I Answer.

"Thank you so much Kayla." She says sounding like she's beginning to cry. "Where do you want to meet?" I ask wiping my tears. "Somewhere private." She says. "Naw, G. That's not happening. It gotta be somewhere public." I say getting defended. "Well Okay then." She says sounding surprised. "My bad for raising my voice." I mumble into the phone. "I-it's Okay. We can meet at Chili's." She offers. I hate chili's

"Okay." I say nodding my head like she can see me.

"How about at 2:00." She suggests. "Sure." I say. "Bye, Love you." She says. "...love you too." I say handing up. I throw on one of Kyree's t-shirts and go downstairs. I see Kaylee and Kyreein the kitchen eating with Kaya at the end. "Where's your momma Kaya?" I ask her. "Upstairs." She says shoving a piece of bacon in her mouth.

"Kaylee you wanna go to chilis at 2:00?" I ask her. She shakes her head no. "Chili's is nasty." She says making a disgusted face, making me and Kyree chuckle. "Well e have too." I say sitting on the bar stool at the island. She frowns up. "Why?" She whines. "Because. I'll tell you later." I say eyeing her as she starts throwing a fit.

I rest my elbows of the island surface in front of me while tilting my head to the side. "Do I need to go get my belt?" I ask her in a stern tone. She looks up at Kyree waiting for him to say something to me. "Answer her question." He says looking down at Kaylee. "No." She says shaking her head. "I don't like you anymore." Kaylee mumbles.

"What you just say?" I ask her. "Nothing." She says getting down from the bar stool. "No. C'mere, stand in front of me, and tell me what you just said." I demand her. "I said I don't like you anymore." She mumbles. "Kaylee don't say stuff like that." Kyree gets on to her. "What you better Do is Take your ass upstairs and go get bathed, dressed, and ready before I beat your ass!" I snap on her as I walk out the kitchen.

A little while after Kyree walks in the room. "Kayla you didn't have to be that harsh on her." He tells me. "I know, I'm sorry." I say looking down at my fingers. "You need to be saying sorry to her." He says.

After a while we got dressed and headed to Apple Bee's. I entered the restaurant immediately spotting my mom. She waves me over smiling wide as tears come across her eyes. "Ahh Kayla you look so beautiful!" She says hugging me tight. "You Do too." I say mimicking my voice making Kyree raise a brow at me as I hug her back.

"Who is his handsome young man?" She asks me. "This is Kyree Ma." I say as they shake Hands. "