60.

KAYLA

We're here at the little business trip event. I'm in a red fitted dress. I put some Saran Wrap on my stomach to cover the baby.

"This my wife Kayla. Kayla this Mico, the biggest drug lord in NY." Kyree says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nice to meet you." I say smiling at him.

"So this your partner in crime you always talking bout when you visit me?" He asks Kyree.

"Yeah." Kyree says smiling while wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

"So you a house wife, or you in the business too?" He asks me.

"I use to be a hit man, but now I'm a business man." I say pulling my hair behind my ear.

"Awe well if you make a decision to get back in that business tell your husband to let me know." He says.

"I will." I say.

"Lemme walk around a lil minute, and then we can talk business." Kyree says before walking away with me.

"I don't feel right." I say in a low tone.

"Maybe it's because you away from the kids." He says.

"No. It's like I'm being followed or watched or something." I say.

"If something go down I got you. Aight?" He assures me.

"Yeah." I say.

"Hi. Kayla right?" Someone asks me.

I look up seeing my mom with her arm draped around my dads arm. I put on a fake smile.

"Kina right?" I ask putting up the same act she is.

"So nice to see you again babygirl." My dad speaks in a soft tone.

"Nice to see you again too Tyrone." I say looking up at him.

"So you got with someone who's in the drug
Game huh?" My mom asks looking at Kyree with lust.

"Yeah. I see you got are still with someone who use to pimp you out." I say.

"Of course. So how did you and him meet?" She asks me.

"Well we met at school, I met his brother when I killed your green eye monster." I say.

"Oops did that slip out." I say smiling as she sucks her teeth.

She turns around whipping her hair in my face walking away without my dad.

"Your wife looks pretty upset your not gonna go after her?" I ask him.

"No. Actually I need to talk to you—in private. I mean no harm babygirl I swear." He says.

I tilt my head at him. He's like a whole different person right now. I don't get it, but then again I never did.

"You not going no where with my wife in private after what you put her through. If you can't talk while I'm by her side then you not doing no talking at all son." Kyree says sounding mad.

"Lil nigga I'll kill yo ass right now!" My dad lowly snaps.

I close my eyes taking a deep breath. I'm trying to hold my panic attack back, but it's not working. I haven't been taking my meds.

Kyree notices my rapid breathing, and walks me to the bathroom.

He pulls my pills out his pocket. "Take one." He says handing it to me.

I take following it up with water from the glossed sink. "Here calm down." He says rubbing back and handing me my asthma pump.

"Okay." I say. I check my phone seeing black on the cameras.