Chapter 1- Better For Me

Oliver P.O.V:

        I sat in the cafeteria with my arm over my girlfriend's shoulder. Riley? No. Not Riley. A new girl. Tessa. She was pretty, funny and she didn't care about trying to fix me because she didn't know about my "problems".

I was happier. I had friends. Those frat guys who decided to turn the car around instead of leave me out to die? They became my new friends. Toby even called me his best buddy once or twice. Things were better for me... emphasis on me.

"Look," Hayden chuckled hitting my arm with the back of his hand. He pointed at Flynn.

Flynn was walking into the cafeteria with Sylvia. They both got a table and sat down with their lunches.

I tried not to frown, watching him shove a burger down his throat. From what I knew, he barely ever ate. He didn't have an appetite.

Flynn and I were still roommates but after we came back.. we stopped talking. Something in him had changed.

*  *  *

I walked into our dorm to find Flynn on his bed, facing the wall.

I ignored him for I while, putting my suitcase in the corner of the room. I sat on my bed and took off my shoes then I sighed. "I'm willing to forgive you you know."

"I'm not," he replied keeping his face turned away.

I shook my head. "We can't share a room and act like the other person isn't there."

"Let's test that theory. Starting from now, shut up and have nothing to say to me."

I sighed and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. "Harley called me."

He didn't budge.

"She was pissed at me. Sounded just like you. She told me that I was a terrible friend to keep such a big secret.. from her. Turns out I'm her best friend too. Well, was... If I knew that friendship meant trying not to protect your best friend from himself then I would've never tried so hard to suck up to you. Admired you so much-"

"Could you please- SHUT UP."

I frowned then I stood up and walked out of the room.

I made my way to Riley and Hayden's dorm. I knocked on the door.

It flew open. Riley threw her arms around me. "Hi,"she squeezed me as tight as she could then she kissed me. She stared into my eyes then frowned rubbing my arms. "You didn't do this."

"I know," I nodded with tears in my eyes.

* * *

I wish she really believed that. She would spend two months after that trying to convince me to try to take Flynn back.. As if he wanted me to.

I watched her walk over to her friends and sit with them.

They all looked so happy to see her. I smiled at the thought that she was happy. She was moving on and making friends.

Tessa quickly pinched my arm. "Really?"

"What?"

"It's been a month since you dumped her. You don't have to gawk all the time."

"It's not gawking."

She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I've got class," she stood up.

"Tess," I sighed.

She walked away.

The guys all chuckled.

I sighed and put a fry in my mouth then I looked at Flynn.

Sylvia put her hand on his and he nodded.

She stood up and kissed his forehead, then she walked away.

I had assumed that they were dating but it just seemed forced between them. Sylvia was more of Flynn's antidepressant medication than the pill itself.

He'd call her to our dorm room when ever he had a break down and she would comfort him. I would just act like it was none of my business, because to him, it was.

He picked up his drink and stood up turning to face me. Our eyes met.

I was about to give him a little nod and smile but he turned and walked away.

I frowned and looked down at my fries.

Toby snapped his fingers in front of my face. "You okay, man?"

I chuckled. "Yeah... I'm good."

He nodded. "Good, cause if you're not at the party tonight, we're getting Tessa a better man."

They all laughed. I followed but inside I didn't care. I was only dating her to fit in and I knew she was using me. Whether we broke up or not my mission was clear. I had to find the girl who almost assaulted me.