Chapter 3- Feed Me Lies So I Can Cope

Flynn P.O.V:

      I sat on Riley's bed with furrowed brows. I shook my head and stared at my hands. "I don't understand-"

"Flynn," she put her hands on my cheeks and turned my face to hers," You like Oliver. How hard is that to understand? Everything you just said to me, says just that."

"But I'm not gay-"

"Okay," she knelt down and sighed, seeming irritated. "I get that, but if you're not something around those lines, then what are you?"

"Being freaking labeled, as usual."

She shook her head. "You don't want me to label you but you are into Oliver, right?"

I shrugged, feeling the urge to cry. "I just miss Harley."

"And Oliver's your Harley," Riley frowned.

I looked down.

"Then girl or boy, go after the one that you know would take you back."

I gulped. "Okay."

Riley grinned. "Good."

I slowly stood up. "But he's your ex-"

"I don't care. Little secret, I'm over him."

I nodded slowly. He was obviously not over her. And I wasn't into the whole gay thing. Something about it felt like it had been fed to me, rather than me actually being that way. Oliver was my best friend and he and Harley were similar in so many ways. But it was only recently that I started finding myself unable to look at Oliver when he changed. It was like I had been convinced that I had like him that way.

My mind was vulnerable and Riley had unknowingly forced her own belief down my throat. But I couldn't see it. All I wanted was Harley back. Whether she came in a male body or not.

I walked into the dorm to find Oliver laying on his bed.

His body shook and sniffles echoed in the tiny dorm.

I walked over to him and froze over his bed. What was I doing? I didn't like this kid like that. What was wrong with me?

I turned around but Oliver laid on his back. "I'm sorry," he wept. "I don't know why you can't just accept me. I've been trying for months, Flynn. With you and Riley. But you both wouldn't take me back."

I sighed and turned to him. "I... I'm sorry too. I just... You're so much like her-"

"Harley?" He slowly sat up. "Flynn, I'm nothing like her. I want you back. She doesn't. I know that you're a part of me. She doesn't accept that you're a part of her... I've listened to you cry at night because you love her so much. And I know that I can't be her, but I can be your friend again. I can do whatever you want. I will never keep another secret from you... ever. I swear."

I stared at him. "Okay... I uh.. I trust you again."

"Really?" Be quickly sprang up and threw his arms around me.

I held my breath.

He looked at me with his arms still around me, his face a little too close to mine. "I've been praying for this for weeks."

"Okay," I sang gently pushing him off of me. "I-uh- I get it."

He knelt down on the bed. "Is my breath bad?" He cupped his hand over his mouth and breathed into it.

I chuckled and walked over to my bed, slowly sitting down. "Aren't you supposed to be at some party?"

"I didn't want to go... I told them I wasn't feeling well."

"Really? Oliver, what was the main goal of going to these parties in the first place?"

"To find the girl that tried to hurt me-"

"Exactly. We're going." I stood up.

"What? No. I can't-"

"Yes, you can." I looked around in my suit case for something to wear.

He sighed and sat up. "I wouldn't know what to say to her."

"How about 'why the hell did you try to rape me?'"

He went quiet.

I looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to be that guy... But I just... I can't go out there and say 'a girl tried to rape me'. I'm going to sound..."

"Weak?"

He nodded.

"Oliver," I walked over to him and sat beside him," this is no different from a girl in the same situation. You were drugged up. You couldn't think straight. You were weak in that moment... Just like anyone would've been."

He nodded, still looking ashamed. "I wish other people thought that way... I mentioned it to Toby. I told him that a friend of mine was almost assaulted by a girl at a party and he said the guy was a pussy. Then he told the other guys about it like a joke and they all laughed. One of them even said that the guy was 'lucky'."

"Wow-"

"If they know that that guy was me, they will laugh at me for the rest of the year... Or maybe even three years. My mom will hear about it and freak out and everyone will treat me like a victim at home. Because boys don't get assaulted."

"They do. They're just like you... They don't speak up about it. It's funny how much girls think they get shamed for being hurt by someone when a guy can't even mention it to anyone."

Oliver sat staring at his hands. "I miss Riley so much."

I felt my heart sink a little. I shouldn't care. I cleared my throat. "Why did you two break up?"

"Because she wouldn't give up on you."

I frowned. I knew that wasn't her real reason for leaving him.