Chapter 22- Happy Together

Harley P.O.V:

    I laid curled up in my bed staring at my phone. Billie sat on the empty mattress across from me eating a slice of the pizza we had ordered.

"You okay?" He frowned still nervous about how to handle my situation.

"I'm fine enough," I shrugged. I furrowed my brows at my screen.

"What is it?"

"Hayden...He texted me."

"As in May's ex?"

"Yep," I rolled over in my back. "I'm not going to reply though. I'm not interested in being friends with him."

Billie nodded. "Ready to eat something?"

"No appetite."

"You know I have another class to get to after this. I don't wanna leave you here if you're feeling like crap."

"It's okay. I can handle myself."

He stood up. "You sure?"

"Yes," I looked at him and smiled.

He put his pizza on a plate. "Okay, cause I'm fifteen minutes late."

I giggled. "I knew it."

He walked over to me and touched my shoulder. "You're tough. You'll get through this."

I nodded. "I will... with your help."

He walked out of the room.

I laid scrolling through Facebook. My phone began to ring. I sighed and sat up. "Hello?"

"Hey," Hayden's voice made my eyes roll automatically.

"What do you want?"

"I just...I have to talk to you about Flynn."

"Flynn and I aren't dating anymore. He's not my problem-"

"But he's mine. He ditched me for Oliver. I stayed here for him. I could've gone to any school in the country-"

"So, you're calling me to complain?"

"No...He's just...I'm sitting in my car right now from following him and Oliver all day."

"Wow. I'll let May know that you hit a low. Stalking Flynn? Are you in love with him too?"

"What?"

"Nevermind," I rubbed my forehead. "Why were you following him?"

"Oliver had been complaining to the guys about him being weird. He said that Flynn was interested in him. Then Flynn came to my dorm crying to Riley because he told Oliver and Oliver reacted some type of way."

I frowned. I actually felt sorry for Flynn...only for a second.

"Then I leave my room to go to the bathroom this morning and see them walking out together all happy and weird. So, I put on my shoes and followed them in my car. They went to the movies together and held hands and cuddled all day. I took pictures."

I felt a rush of emptiness come over me, like a part of me hand been taken away.

"I didn't know if you would want to see them-"

"Send them to me," I blurted out.

"...Are you sure?"

"I'm...I'm sure."

"O..Kay." Hayden hung up.

I stared at my phone waiting for the pictures to flood my screen. When it started, I couldn't look away. It angered me. Him holding Flynn's hand, trying to kiss him outside of the theater. I had to give it to Hayden. He was good at taking pictures. They actually looked good together. Happy.