Chapter 6- I'm Okay

Sylvia stood frozen.

Oliver looked at me with furrowed brows, then turned to Sylvia. He quickly wiped his cheeks. "Oh.. Hey," he sniffled

I sighed.

She smiled at him. "Hi," she sang.

"Uh-," Oliver sprang up from my bed and walked over to his. "Do you guys need some time alone?" He scurried to make his bed.

"I think we're fine," I looked at Sylvia. "Right?"

She nodded. "Yeah- uh. You can stay, Oliver."

"Actually," I got out of bed," I think it would be best if we all just went to the cafeteria for breakfast today. Just sat together...like old times."

Oliver looked at me with furrowed brows.

"We can invite Riley too."

"I don't think-"

"That's a great idea," Sylvia grinned.

"Great," I smiled. "You can go get her, and we'll both get dressed."

Sylvia squinted at me then she looked at Oliver. "Are you sure you wanna...never mind." She walked out of the room.

Oliver and I quickly got changed, keeping our backs turned to each other.

We made our way to the cafeteria in silence until Oliver broke it as we were finding a table.

"Toby's gonna find this weird," he chuckled, pulling out a chair.

"Why?" I sat down glaring at him.

"Because of...never mind."

"Hey, are you better?"

"Yeah," he forced a smirk on his cheek. "I was just...having a break down."

"You had a what now?" Riley stood above us with folded arms.

"Uh-," Oliver froze. He quickly stood up and pulled out her chair for her.

"Okay?,"she sat down. "An odd amount of chivalry displayed this morning. You definitely had a break down."

Oliver bowed his head.

I cleared my throat.

Everyone turned to me.

"I uh...I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that."

Oliver and Riley snickered.

I smiled a little.

Riley looked at me then she frowned. "You're getting really skinny, Flynn."

"He's getting better, you mean," Sylvia put her hand on mine.

I looked at it then I looked at Oliver.

He furrowed his brows. "Are you guys- uhm...dating?"

I looked at Sylvia waiting for her to reply.

She pulled her hand away. "We aren't. I'm just helping him get better."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't fix something when there's nothing wrong with it."

They all furrowed their brows and shook their heads together, clearly indicating to me that there was something wrong with me.

"Flynn," Riley tilted her head," I've been watching you get thinner and thinner. You don't have much of an appetite anymore and you're so closed off now. You only started talking to me recently when you...," she looked at Oliver then she sighed. "Flynn you need help."

"Wait," Oliver put his hand out,"when he what?"

"He's getting enough help from me," Sylvia but in. "I bring him breakfast every morning and then I make sure he eats lunch."

"A dry bagel and orange juice isn't breakfast," Riley shook her head.

"Hey," Oliver waved his hand," I'm being ignored here."

"It's what he wants," Sylvia glared at her. "I can't force him to eat what he doesn't want to."

I sighed. "Guys-"

"That's my point," Riley said calmly. "He needs special help. He needs to go to a doctor and get real help from a specialist. We can't sit around and think that we can help mental illness without the qualifications for it."

I chuckled. "Whoa. Mental illness? Really? I'm completely fine-"

"No, Flynn, you're not. Look," she turned to Sylvia," I know you think you're a psychologist because you took one semester of Psychology-"

Sylvia kissed her teeth.

"-but Flynn needs real help before he ends up on a bed with feeding tubes down his throat."

"I'm not that bad," I shook my head. "Because I'm not going to gym doesn't mean I'm unhealthy. And I can eat when I want to."

"Then eat your bagel, Flynn," Riley folded her arms.

I looked at it, then I snickered. "I'm not hunger right now. We're talking, so I wanna talk-"

"Flynn, eat your bagel."

"Come on, Riley... I'll just," I put my hand on my bottle of juice," drink my orange juice-"

"No. Eat the bagel."

I gave her a hard stare then I picked it up and bit it. It wasn't bad. But I wasn't hungry. I didn't want to eat.

I don't know if it was the way I chewed or the look on my face but they all stared at me with looks of disgust.

I threw the bagel back on the plate and folded my arms. "I ate. Happy."

"Flynn," Riley leaned foward. "What you're going through...it's a cry for help. You're confused about...feelings-"

Oliver squinted at her with furrowed brows then he looked at me.

I quickly looked away.

"-life. You're unhappy. We love you.  And we want to help you."

I shook my head and looked down at my hands. "I didn't think getting us all back together would mean me having an intervention." I stood up and grabbed the bagel. "If anybody needs me, I'll be in my dorm...studying." I walked away biting the bagel and crinkling my nose then tossing it into the garbage.

I walked into the dorm and slammed the door then I walked over to my bed and sat down. I looked at my phone, staring at Harley's blocked number. I hesitantly unblocked it hoping she would call one day. She would...but it would be too late.