Chapter 4- Keep Your Mouth SHUT

I got out of the car and shut the door staring at the frat house. Oliver stood rubbing his hands together.

"Is it to late to turn back?" He said without talking his eyes off of the house.

"Olly!" His friend Toby waved from the front steps.

"I think it is," I pat Oliver's shoulder.

He sighed then he waved at Toby.

We walked up the pathway having a few girls walk past us.

Oliver's eyes scanned then for the girl we were hunting for but she wasn't in the group.

I two of them looked back at us, whispering to each other and giggling.

Toby stood up, punching Oliver's shoulder. "You're later than you said you'd be."

"To be honest, I wasn't even coming," Oliver chuckled. "Flynn convinced me to come here. Said I couldn't break my promise to you."

Toby looked at me.

I was a bit afraid that he would do or say something negative but instead he shook my hand.

"Toby."

"Flynn."

He nodded. "Almost everyone's gone. Only the late partiers stayed."

Oliver sighed, losing hope.

"There's still food though. And drinks... And girls."

We followed Toby into the house with our eyes wide.

I didn't know who I was looking for but I kept an eye on Oliver to see his reaction to faces.

He looked at ever girl with a discouraged look on his face, but the moment we walked into the living room, that look changed. His eyes grew.

I quickly turned to the crowd.

"Aye!" They all shouted cheering on Oliver and his arrival to the party. One person sat still. A girl with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She stared at him like she'd seen a ghost.

Toby walked over to her and tapped her arm. "Up, babe. You can sit on my lap."

She stood with knocking knees, stumbling unto his lap the moment he sat down.

I watched as the blood drained from Oliver's face.

"Courtney," Toby smiled at her," this is the guy I've been telling you about? Oliver, this is my girlfriend, Courntey, who works in the day and parties all night with me. Right Courtney?"

"Right," she smiled still staring at Oliver.

"Come on, Oliver. I know she's pretty but at least say hi."

Oliver gulped stuttering a soft "hi" as his eyes met the floor.

The girl bowed her head.

Oliver's girlfriend suddenly stood up. She walked over to him with a smile. "Come on,"she led him to the couch, pushing him unto it and finding herself in his lap.

I stood awkwardly staring at them both. "I'll uh- go get myself a drink."

I slipped away, knowing that most of them didn't like me. Hayden had already convinced them that I was a pile of crap friend. And having Oliver ditch me for them just fuelled their hatred more.

I walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter with my eyes on my phone. I was praying Oliver would walk into the kitchen and tell me to take him home but knowing him he was probably too afraid to move.