Chapter 18- The Cult of Sarah

Harley P.O.V:

       I stood by the cafeteria staring at Sarah's table. The group was bigger than usual and I was afraid to go join them. They were all laughing together and Sarah looked happy. I knew that they didn't need me. But I needed company...whatever company I could get.

"Are you as nervous as I am?"

I looked up at Leon.

He stood next to me with a tray in his hand.

"Why are you nervous?"

He looked down at me. "I'm leaving her...for you."

I shook my head.

"Why are you shaking your head?"

"I already told you, don't do it for me. Do it for yourself."

"Are you leaving too?"

I gulped. My eyes ran over to Jenny.

She has already made a new group of friends. She didn't like me when we met so I knew I wouldn't be included. And she wasn't going to pretend to like me like Sarah had been doing.

"You don't want to leave them, do you?"

I sighed. "I'm not good at making friends. If I ditch them...I won't have anyone-"

"Are you serious? You have me. I'm doing this because I thought that once I did you would still be my friend. Maybe more. But I guess I'm wrong."

I looked at him then I sighed. "You're right. They're toxic. We're freaking like high schoolers. This is ridiculous."

"So, tell her that."

I nodded then I cracked my neck.

"Ouch," Leon chuckled. "Come on," he held my hand.

I looked at our hands then I looked at him. It was nothing but skin on skin. I felt nothing else.

We walked over to the table.

"Harley," Sarah grinned.

Everyone looked at me.

I quickly yanked my hand away from Leon.

I sensed his glare and took a deep breath. "Hey, Sarah," I smiled.

"Come sit next to me," she pushed Gretchen's shoulder. "Gretchen go find another seat."

Gretchen glared at me and stood up.

I looked at Leon. "I'm sorry," I whispered slowly sitting beside Sarah.

At first, he looked disappointed then he smiled and shook his head. "I was stupid to think that you would actually go through with it."

Sarah smirked, mocking him. "Go through with what, Leon?"

"We're done," he pointed at her.

Her smirk wiped into a scowl.

"I'm done with whatever this was. I'm not your arm candy anymore. I'm not going to disrespect myself for you anymore."

Sarah snorted. "You call letting you screw my friends disrespecting you? I did you a favor."

"You only let me do that shit because you thought you would lose me if you didn't. Well, you lost me anyway." He looked at me. "You're just like her. You need approval from everyone else. Can't be wrong in numbers, right?"

Sarah shrugged her shoulders. "What does that even mean?"

Leon shook his head and walked away.

I turned to the group of about a dozen staring at Sarah. They were all waiting for her reaction to the break up.