Chapter 45- Alone

Harley P.O.V:

      I wiped my cheeks. "I just...I hate him, right now. You know? I don't understand what's going on with him or why I feel the way I feel. But I know that I hate him, because he can't love me back."

Every word I said seemed to go over Hayden's head. He clearly didn't care. "It's okay," he kissed me.

I sighed and declined for a bit then I thought about my broken heart and kissed him back.

*  *  *

     I turned my back to Hayden and covered my chest with the sheet.

He took a deep breath and smiled. "That was...good."

I rolled my eyes then I squeezed them shut. "You should leave."

He turned to me. "Why? Was I bad-"

"No...," I looked at the door, there was a shadow beneath it. "Mekhi's sitting out there...It's his room too."

Hayden sighed and stood up. "I'll text you."

I nodded then I watched him slip into his clothes. I felt nothing but embarrassment and guilt.

He walked over to the door and I quickly got out of bed, grabbing my towel.

I slipped an old dress of mine over my body, then I opened the door.

Mekhi sat on the floor with his arms wrapped around his legs and his head leaned up against the wall.

I felt my heart sink. What was wrong with me? How could I be so cruel?

I knelt down beside him. "Mekhi?"

His cheeks were stained with tears.

"Mekhi," I shook his shoulder.

He flinched and turned to me.

"I'm so sorry I left you out here. I was being selfish-"

He stood up glaring at me, then he walked into the room and shut the door.

I furrowed my brows and stood. "Mekhi," I knocked on the door. "Open the door."

He ignored me.

I banged on the door a couple more times then I decided to go shower. "I'm going to the bathroom, okay?...," I pressed my forehead against the door. "I'm sorry."

I heard him sniffling inside.

I sighed and walked away.

When I returned, the door was still closed.

"Mekhi, please-"

He opened it with a blank face but his anger reflected in his eyes.

I frowned. "I'm sorry."

"Everyone's sorry," he shrugged, his lips pouting and eyes filling up with tears.

I knew he was into a lot of self expression and not holding things back but he seemed to be trying his best to suppress something on his mind.

"I can't with you. Not tonight." He bowed his head about to close the door again.

I quickly slipped into the room before the door could close.

When he realized I had he finally broke down, sitting on his bed and digging his hands into his hair. His tears dripped from his nose to the floor forming a little pool of pain, his weeping mourns making me feel the way Flynn's used to make me feel.

I couldn't help but break down myself. "I said I was sorry."

He wept louder now covering his mouth.

I rushed over to him and sat beside him knowing it couldn't be just me causing him pain. "Mekhi, what's wrong?"

He took a deep breath then he began to weep again.

I put my hand on his back but he pushed it off, turning his face away. I gulped then I shut my eyes. "Let me in."

"Why?" He shrugged his shoulders, his voice heavy.

"Please look at me," I rubbed his arm.

He hesitated for a bit then he turned to me.

I stared into his eyes then I frowned. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it."

I nodded. "Okay," I held his hand.

He looked at our hands then he pulled his away.

"You hate me...," I looked down. "I feel stupid for hoping you wouldn't. I hate me for everything I've done to you."

He sighed with a trembling voice. "I don't hate you. It's just...something else."

"It's what you're crying about, right?"

He nodded pouting his lips again.

I wanted to beg him to tell me what was wrong out of curiosity more than compassion. He was such a happy person that seeing him unhappy made me feel like I needed to know what was wrong. My inquisitiveness outweighed my worry.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" He furrowed brows at me.

"Doing what?"

"Sleeping with him? You don't even like the guy."

I frowned. "I need someone to hold me. Even if it's just for a second...," my eyes ran down to Mekhi's lips. "I want to feel something with someone else. To not be alone." My eyes met his. They repeated what I had said to him. We both wanted to feel something.

We both slammed our lips together, me putting my hands on his cheeks and him wrapping his arms around my body.

He layed back and I layed on top of him, my wet hair soaking his shirt. He put his hands behind my head and kissed me with desperation, squeezing me close with his other arm. His breath trembled with agony filled grunts and tears washing his cheeks.

I opened my eyes to looks at him gently pulling away. I knew what he felt. He was in love with someone. I wiped his cheek with my thumb then I thought about one night with him and leaned in again, softly resting my lips on his. I put my hand on his neck and let my fingers line it from his chin to his shoulder then I kissed his cheek. "What's her name?"

He held his breath. Then he took a deep one. "Eleanor," he whispered, squeezing his eyes shut.

"If I were Eleanor," I gulped," What would you do to me?"

His eyes opened and he looked at me with dazed ones. His thumb brushed my cheek. "I would tell you that I love you," tears sparkled in his eyes.

I stared at him, admiring the darkness in his eyes. In my mind, they shifted from brown to blue, along with the rest of his face. Freckles covered his cheeks and I slowly began to picture Flynn in his place. Then I watched his face change. I sighed staring into the face of the boy I still kept in my heart. I quickly kissed Mekhi, squeezing his as tight as I could.

He squeezed me back, keeping Eleanor on his mind. He rolled me over on my back and layed on top of me. "I love you," rolled off of his tongue as his nose brushed mine.

"I love you too."