Chapter 42- Sox

Mekhi and I walked into our dorm room. I watched him walk over to his bed as I closed the door. It kind of hurt me knowing that I was developing feelings for him and he didn't feel the same way...at all.

He smiled at me, making his chubby cheek swell at their corners. He was this precious human being...just like Flynn was. "So?"

"So?" I smiled back and nervously rubbed my arm.

"You said you would call Flynn...let him know that you're sorry."

"Oh...yeah," I nodded and took out my phone, walking over to my bed and curling up my legs on my mattress. I dialed Oliver knowing that Flynn may have blocked my number again.

"Hello?" Oliver answered with a bit of sadness in his voice. "Harley? Since when do you call me?"

I furrowed my brows. Hostile much? "Hi Oliver, I called because I want to talk to Flynn. Is there any way-"

"Flynn's not here."

I sighed. Oliver was being really aggressive. He was never aggressive. "When he gets back then? I don't know. Is he out-"

"Flynn packed up and left me the other day. He went home."

"What?" I held my breath. "...Why?"

Oliver let out a long sigh. "I don't want you calling him and bugging him. He's over you and he's in desperate need of time alone right now. That's why he left me-"

"Oliver, what happened?"

"Promise me you won't call him."

I looked at Mekhi.

He was staring at me with concern all over his face.

"I promise," I gulped, knowing I wasn't sure if I'd keep my word.

"Flynn...Flynn got assaulted."

I squinted at Mekhi. "What do you mean assaulted?"

He stood up and walked over to me, sitting beside me.

"Flynn," Oliver cleared his throat,"...I made Flynn go after the girl that tried to assault me...and another girl drugged him-"

"Wait-wait-wait. What do you mean a girl? I don't understand-"

"This is why he didn't tell anyone else."

I frowned. "Did she...hurt him?"

"She kissed him...and unbuckled his pants but I got there in time to stop it."

I looked down. "Thank you for telling me."

"You're calling him. Aren't you-"

I hung up. "A girl tried to hurt Flynn," I looked at Mekhi.

He looked confused then he sighed. "We're all capable of evil."

"I have to call him." I shook my head. "This was the first person I really loved."

"You don't love him anymore?"

I froze.

"If you did you would've called him already."

"I...I'm scared. I don't want to hear the sadness in his voice because I know I'll go crawling back."

"So, you're worried about yourself?"

"Yeah...I mean...no... I'm worried about us both. I'm not sure he wants to hear from me after all of this time."

"Do you want me to give you space so you can-"

"No," I grabbed Mekhi's hand.

He nodded. "Okay... Call him."

I dialed the number of Flynn's house. My bill would go up but I didn't care. I had to make sure he was okay.

"Friday residence," Frederick answered the phone.

"It's Harley."

"Harley," he sighed. "If you're calling for Flynn, he isn't taking calls for the next two weeks. He came home to be alone and that's what we're going to allow him to do. BE ALONE. I can take a message for you-"

"No...I just want to know how he's doing."

"He's...," Freddy whispered. "He's quiet...Broken. It's as bad as he was when you were in a coma. Sometimes he just breaks down crying. I don't know what that girl did to him but I know that he came home in a state. We're trying our best to make him happy here...but he can't seem to get better. I'm worried," Frederick's tone turned even more glum. "He's my brother...and I love him. But I can't even look him in the eyes because it breaks my heart."

A tear hit my eye. "I'm sorry to hear that, Fred. Is there anything that I can do from my end?"

"I doubt it...Maybe if you came back-"

"Frederick?" I heard Flynn's voice. It sounded hoarse and light.

My heart sank. "Oh my God."

"Who are you on the phone with?" His voice drew closer.

"Just some scam," Frederick replied. "Their trying to sell me sox."

"Give it to me- We don't need your sox-," Flynn was going to hang up.

"Wait," I shouted.

It went silent. Then I heard breathing over the phone.

"Harley?"