Chapter 17- Blame the Cookies

Flynn P.O.V:

    I walked out of my class with my head down. I had a terrible headache from crying myself to sleep.

Toby grabbed my arm and started pulling me down the hallway.

I yanked it away and looked up at him. "Warn me, or whatever you're here to do but don't touch me," I gave him a hard glare.

He folded him arms. "Oliver wants his things. He's coming for them around three. He wants you out of the room when he's there."

"Whatever."

"Look, man. I'm not judging you. You can be whatever you are and whoever you are. Just don't force it on him."

"I wasn't trying to force anything on him. I wanted him to understand how I felt. I don't even know if I feel that way about him."

"Then why tell him that?"

"Because I don't keep secrets from my best friend. Just like he never kept secrets from me," I looked at Toby. "I hope he tells you what he told me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Tell him he has an hour. I'll be at my room at four." I walked away.

*  *  *

I sat in the school library staring at my American History text book. The words looked like symbols mashed together. I couldn't think straight. I looked at my phone. It was three fifteen.

I stared at the picture of a boy and his mother on the right page. My mother used to tell me that intimate relationships have the tendency to hold a person back. She told me to finish my education before I focused all of my attention on another person. What I hadn't learned was that I couldn't know someone else if I didn't know myself. And I didn't know myself.

I took out my phone and dialed Billie's number, then I shoved my book into my bag and stood up.

I got into the elevator and held my bag on my shoulder.

"Hello?" Billie answered as if he were waking up.

"Did I wake you?" I stepped out of the elevator.

"I was taking a nap. But it's fine. What's up?"

"I don't know I just need someone to talk to."

"I'm listening."

I walked outside. "I told Oliver how I felt."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I sat on the library steps.

"What did he do?"

I took a deep breath. "He wants nothing to do with me. He's packing his things right now. But the thing is...I'm not even sure I feel that way about him-"

"Do you want to screw him?"

I chuckled. "What?"

"Sleep with him. Do you want to sleep with him?"

"I...," I looked at the people walking up the steps. "I need to go somewhere else before I talk to you about...that stuff." I stood up and skipped down the steps. "Tell me about Harley. How's she doing?" I walked towards the parking lot.

"She's...still hurting."

I frowned holding the keys to my car in my hand.

"She's still hanging out with those devils. And she thinks I don't know them but I do."

"As in you know people like them or you actually know who they are?" I unlocked my car door.

"I know who they are. I went to school with them...I slept with Sarah."