Chapter 48- Love

Harley P.O.V:

     It all made sense to me now. He hadn't call me all night because he was coming to New York. I ran over to him and hugged him, squeezing him as tight as I could.

He lifted me off my feet and spun around with me in his arms.

"I've missed you so much," I kissed him.

He let me go then he stepped back with tears in his eyes. "I've missed you too," his voice shock. Flynn suddenly dropped on one knee.

I furrowed my brows then I covered my mouth. "Flynn, what are you doing?"

"So much that I couldn't wait any longer. Harley Patricia Branson, I've know you my whole life, been in love with you for half of it and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you-"

Before he could finish, I threw myself on top of him. "Yes! Yes! Yes!," I wept.

Flynn hugged me back, weeping along with me. "It would've been so embarrassing if you said no."

I laughed.

We both stood wiping each other's cheeks then Flynn looked around the floor.

"Wait, where's the ring?"

Levi pointed at it. "Over there."

Flynn thanked him then he walked over to it and picked it up. He walked back over to me and held my hand, slipping the ring unto my finger.

I kissed him again then I turned back to Zoe. She had been taping us. I ran up to the phone and waved my ring infront of it. "In your face mom. You said it wouldn't happen. Well, check this out! It..Just..Did!"

*  *  *

Flynn and I walked around campus for a while talking and catching up.

We sat down on one of the benches outside.

"Oliver and Lilly are the most annoying couple ever," Flynn shook his head and put a gummy bear in his mouth. "All they both do is play video games in our apartment and eat pizza."

I laughed. "And Riley? How's her job going?"

"She's been fine. She's doing pretty well at her internship. Law really was her thing- Shoot!" Flynn slapped his forehead. "I forgot about her. She came to New York with me and she got sick from something she ate."

"Mekhi can go check on her. Get the name of his hotel so I can call him."

"Okay," Flynn took out his phone. He called Riley.

I called Mekhi and stood. "Hey."

"Hey, Harley. What's up?"

"Guess what?"

"You know I hate this game."

"Guess!"

"Uh...Flynn's here?"

"Yes!!"

"What? Really? So, I get to finally meet this guy?"

"Yeah. And guess what else."

"He prop-"

"HE PROPOSED."

"I was going to say that too. But that's awesome!"

"Yeah. But I need you to do something for me. His friend Riley got sick after eating plane food. Could you go to her hotel room and check on her for us."

"Sure. What hotel?"

*  *  *

Mekhi P.O.V:

    I knocked on the hotel room door. "Room service."

"Coming," the girl shouted.

I sighed waiting for the door to open.

The door opened.

"My friend...," I stared at the girl.

She stared back.

"Hi."

"Hi," she smiled.

I smiled back.

*  *  *

Flynn P.O.V:

"It was like love at first sight, Flynn," Riley sighed in the phone. "I'm telling you. He's the reason I came to New York. He's why I'm here."

I would've told her that wasn't true if Harley wasn't on her bed listening to Mekhi rant about the very same thing.

"Ask her out," Harley looked at me and shook her head talking to Mekhi on the phone.

I chuckled. "Look Riley, my advice is that you wait it out and see what happens. You never know. He might have felt the connection too. Now, I just proposed to my girlfriend. I think I want to hang out with her in peace."

Harley hung up her call will Mekhi then her phone rang again. She groaned. "Hello? Yes, hi mom. Yes he did....I know."

I chuckled. Then smiled. I walked over to Harley and sat on her bed. I put my arm over her shoulder then I kissed her forehead. "I love you."

She smiled at me. "I love you, too."

I stared at her as she spoke to her mom.

The moment she hung up I kissed her. Tears filled my eyes. "Just a few hours ago, I was sitting with Oliver eating popcorn. I smelled like crap because I hadn't showered."

Harley giggled.

I smiled. "You always giggle at everything..." I touched her cheek. "I didn't think that I would be here tonight. It wasn't my plan at all. Today,  I missed Chemistry to be with you. Because I knew that I had to be here. I had to make you mine."

"I'm already yours."

"Officially," I chuckled then smiled. "I want the world to know it. I love you and I want the world to know." I squeezed her as tight as I could. She was my crush...then my first love...then my girlfriend and now my fiance...and soon to be wife. Everything I had dreamt of had fallen into place.