Chapter 12- He Hated Me

I sat on my bed painting my toe nails in bright pink polish. My notebook and pen were beside me. Billie sat across from me with his phone in his hand. He dialed Flynn's number and we sat, listening to the phone sing.

"Hello?" Flynn answered with an irritated tone.

I glared at the phone then I continued to paint my nails.

"Is this Billie or Harley?"

"It's Billie," Billie answered looking at me and shaking his head. He had tried to convince me to leave Flynn alone but I couldn't. He worried me.

"Great," Flynn replied in a sarcastic tone. "How are you?- I've been meaning to ask you something. How did you get my number?"

Billie furrowed his brows. "...Harley used to call you with my phone...when she wanted to hear your voice."

My hand slipped and I painted the side of my toe. I glared at Billie, then I looked down and grabbed my bottle of remover.

"Whatever," Flynn said. "This thing that you're doing where you call me to talk about her? It's stopping today."

"It only happened once...and why?"

"I don't know what you told her, but she called me yesterday because she was worried about me. Which means, you told her what I said."

"Man, I swear to, I didn't," Billie looked at me.

I closed the bottle of polish and put it on my table.

"I'll take your word for it. But I don't want her calling me again. I unblocked her number on my phone the day you called me. I think I'm gonna block it again."

I frowned and grabbed my notebook and pen.

Billie read from the paper. "She still thinks that her number's block on your phone. You don't have to block it again." Billie glared at me and added,"But it's up to you."

"I'm blocking it. I don't want her contacting me again. Tell her that we're broken up now and that she can study like she wanted to. She doesn't have to worry about me anymore."

I began to write on the notebook but Billie began to speak without lines.

"Flynn, be honest with me about something. Do you hate Harley? Or are you just irritated with how she treated you? Because you both treat each other like you do but you're constantly at each other's throats. If you didn't care about someone in anyway you wouldn't be thinking about the person this much."

Flynn chuckled. "Do you hate her? I mean, I was the only reason half the school stopped hating her or each new she existed."

Billie faked a chuckle then he looked at me.

I tried to look unfazed. I knew a lot of people disliked me, but hearing Flynn say it crushed my already broken heart.

"I don't hate her," Billie shook his head. "I don't know her enough to."

I stared at him.

"She really only knows I exist when she needs a favor."

"That is why I hate her,"Flynn blurted out.

Both my and Billie's eyes grew. We weren't expecting that at all. I was hoping he would say he loved me deep down but it took a turn.

"Like," Billie furrowed his brows," hate hate or love hate?"

"I don't know...I just...I hate the Harley she is now. I loved the Harley I thought she was and now I'm inlove with my best friend because he's more like the old her than she is now."

I furrowed my brows.

Billie looked at me completely confused. "Wait. He?"

Flynn didn't say anything.

I felt my skin go cold. I grabbed the note book and quickly wrote Oliver's name.

Billie looked at it. "He as in Oliver?"

"...She told you about him?"

"I met him. I technically met all of you. I was just behind the scenes...,"Billie frowned. "She's embarrassed of me so she didn't introduce me."

I frowned.

"Practically, kept me away from you guys that whole weekend. I did see you guys at the party though. Isn't Oliver the same guy that you drunk kissed?"

"...Yeah," Flynn sounded ashamed. I could tell he slipped up.

"How do you know you're in love with him?"

"I don't want to talk about this...I'm sorry."

"It's okay, man," Billie smirked. "It's honestly fine. That stuff's personal. I get it."

"Thanks...For listening. I have to go."

"No problem."

Flynn hung up.

I sat in shock.

"Well, that was something," Billie ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled.

I stared at him. "How could you laugh at that? It isn't funny."

"It was awkward laughter. I wasn't laughing at you-"

"He's in love with a guy," I cried. "With Oliver of all people. And he hates me," I covered my face.

"Harley," Billie sighed. He held my wrists.

I quickly pulled them away. "They both should've freaking drowned that night," I screamed.

"You don't mean that."

I grabbed my pillow and laid down on it, weeping into it. "Just go away."

"Harley-"

"Go away!" I kicked Billie's waist.

"Oww!" He groaned tumbling to the floor. "Really?"

I couldn't care less if I hurt him. Because in the end, I chased everyone away. Everyone eventually hated me. Flynn, Sarah, May. None of them could stand me and they all pretended they could.