Chapter 14- Your Decisions

Flynn P.O.V:

    I walked into my dorm room and through myself on my bed. I was too tired to think. I walked from the park back to the dorm in tears. I felt like I had betrayed Harley. I knew her. She wasn't open to giving herself away like that. But she did. I remembered her telling me that something like that was too intimate to do with just anyone, and yet she'd done it with someone else.

I turned my head on my pillow and looked at Oliver. He was fast asleep.

I stared at him then I thought about what Billie had said about Harley becoming someone she wasn't. I looked at my phone and signed back into Facebook. I had deactivated the app after Harley and I broke up. She never used it before anyway. But things had clearly changed.

I went on her profile and froze when I saw her profile picture. I clicked on it with furrowed brows. Her face was covered in make up. She looked pretty but it wasn't her. She never wore that much make up.

I went into her photos and stared at them completely baffled. There were pictures of pancakes and waffles and coffee mugs. Harley never drank coffee. She wasn't dressed like her usual self either, wearing a lot of bright colors. The girl who stood beside her in one of the photos looked like a doll. She had pale skin and bleach blonde hair pulled back into a long ponytail down her back.

I clicked on the name that was tagged in the picture and it led me to the girl's profile. Sarah Paisley.

"Harley's new best friend, huh?"

I squinted at the photos of the girl. She had a lot of friends. In some photos I had to search for Harley. I scrolled back up to the recent ones and clicked on one of them that stood out to me.

It was a picture of the girl, sitting beside a guy. Two other girls sat beside Harley. They were all staring at the camera with smiles. All but the guy, whose eyes were focused on Harley.

Sarah had captioned the photo with something that made the hair on my arms stand. "Leon. Always distracted by things he shouldn't be distracted by. Still love you."

I stared at the picture again. The way he looked at her. It made me sick. I clicked on his name, pulled up his profile and clicked on the message icon. I immediately began to punch letters. "Leave Harley ALONE!!!!" I stared at the words then I quickly backspaced. I shut my phone off and put it aside.

I took a deep breath then I covered my face with my hands. "God...please...bring Harley back to her senses. I'm loosing it and she's loosing it. I can't get better if she's not better." I laid on my pillow and got lost in thought. Everyone goes through journeys in life. We all make decisions that affect our future. I wasn't a God person back then. I barely ever prayed but I realized...whether he existed or not, it's not always his decisions or the universes decisions that affect us. It's ours. It's just easier to blame a god when someone dies from cancer after eating processed food. It's easier to hate someone else when they've done something to you and sit in the filth that they've made for you without trying to get out of it. It's easier to hate yourself when people choose to use you. Because changing is hard.

I decided then and there that life was too short to cry over Harley. It was too short to sit and cry over myself. My depression wasn't going to immediately go away but with enough positivity, it would. I knew I could become better. I looked over at Oliver. We could become better.

I smiled then I shut my eyes. Tomorrow was going to be a better day.