Chapter 7- The Weirdo Cousin

Harley P.O.V:

     I sat with my friends in one of their dorm rooms playing go fish. My friend Billie sat on one of the beds staring down at me. He always creeped me out, his shoulder-length hair covering half of his face. He was my father's sister's husband's nephew, so my second cousin. His family was the reason I could stay in New York. So, I thought I had no choice but to hang out with him when I first met him.

My friends liked him. The girls. He wasn't a bad looking guy. He was just too nosy for my liking.

Sarah, one of my four other friends in the room looked at him and smirked. "Sure you don't wanna play, Bill?"

"I'm fine," he said still staring at me.

Sarah squinted at him then she leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. "Are you sure he isn't into you? It's a gross thought, but he's just staring at you."

"He's not," I shook my head, then looked at Billie.

He gave me a conforting smirk.

I sighed knowing that he was only treating me like this because of what happened earlier that day.

* * *
I sat on my bed staring at my phone. I had called Flynn so many times over the past two months that it felt like a waste of time to try. I knew he blocked my number. It was obvious he would. And he deserved what he got from me. Cheating like that...in a sense. He kissed someone else. It was cheating. But I had to hear his voice.

Billie knocked on my dorm door. "Harley."

I sprang up and opened the door. "Let me use your phone," I boldly demanded him to, stretching my hand out to him.

"I'm only here to ask you if you wanted to go to get lunch. I thought you might be hungry."

"Billie, phone."

He rolled his eyes then he handed it to me.

I dailed Flynn's number then I held it to my ear, biting my nail. It rang for a while then he answered.

He sounded different. Weary.

"Hello?"

I held my breath and shut my eyes.

"Hello,"he sang. "... I'm going to hang up now, okay?"

Billie grabbed the phone and put it on speakerphone. "Is this Flynn Skylar?"

I freaked out and "whisper-shouted". "What are you doing?"

"Yes," Flynn said in a questioning tone. "Who is this?"

"This is uh..this is Billie Carpenter," Billie said, giving Flynn his full name.

I punched his arm.

"Uhm... That name doesn't ring any bells-"

"Of course it wouldn't, because why would she mention me to you if you're both done, right?"

"Wait... Who's she? Is it Harley? Are you her new boyfriend? Why are you calling me?"

"If I were her new boyfriend what would you do?"

I slammed my hand on my forehead then I listened for Flynn's response.

"I would...," he paused," I would block your freaking number like I blocked hers-"

"I'm not her boyfriend... I'm her cousin."

"...What do you want?"

Billie's eyes grew. "Could you hold on a minute?"