Chapter 16- Senses

Harley P.O.V:

I sat in the café with Gretchen, Sarah and two other girls. Gretchen kept glaring at me as I sat trembling beside Sarah. I kept questioning why I was with them. With Sarah. Leon appeared beside our table.

"Babe," Sarah grinned up at him.

I quickly looked at him, feeling my knees knocking together. For some reason I felt dread when I saw him, like I didn't want him near me.

"Hey guys," he waved at the rest of them then he looked at me. "Could you step out for me?"

I slid out of the booth, feeling a bit ashamed. I was hoping they'd break up. But that seemed far away.

He sat beside his girlfriend then he watched me sit back down with a smile.

Sarah turned his face to hers and kissed him, looking me in the eyes.

I furrowed my brows and turned away, sticking my fork into my eggs. I could tell she sensed something between us but I didn't care. I wanted her to hate me more than she already did.

Gretchen rolled her eyes at me then she continued to eat her breakfast.

I looked away then flinched when something touched my thigh. I looked at Leon.

He continued to kiss his girlfriend, while his hand slid up my thigh.

I felt stiff staring at his hand as he lifted my dress. I choked and quickly stood up.

Everyone turned to me.

Sarah giggled. "You okay? You look pale."

I stared at Leon then I looked at Gretchen. "I have to pee." I rushed over to the bathroom rushing past Jenny.

"Hey," she grabbed my arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "What are you doing here?"

"My uncle owns this place, remember? I actually brought Sarah here when we met. I'm not gonna leave because of her. Now tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing," I shook my head and looked down.

"Harley, I saw what he did to you."

I quickly looked at her feeling something sour in my throat. "It's okay," I giggled trying to seem okay with it. To convince myself that I was. "I let him."

"No, you didn't. I know abuse when I see it-"

"I wouldn't let him abuse me," I glared at her. "I'm not an idiot."

"I know you're not an idiot. But you clearly didn't want him to touch you."

I looked at the booth.

Leon was looking back at me. He looked worried.

I forced a smile. "I'm sleeping with him," I shrugged.

Jenny's eyes grew. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't care what Sarah thinks-"

"Sarah wouldn't care."

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean she wouldn't care?"

"Their relationship is open. Sometimes she says they aren't even dating. Leon screws anyone he wants and so does Sarah."

"You're kidding," I frowned.

"I wouldn't lie. Leon's slept with Gretchen and Piper."

I looked at Gretchen and the girl beside her.

"You're probably the only girl Sarah has a bit of a problem with."

I stared at Leon.

He stood up and started making his way over to us.

Jenny stood in front of me. "Leave her alone."

He looked at her, confused. "What's you problem?"

"Jenny," I stepped away from her," stop."

She shook her head. "Why won't you listen to me?"

"Because I have nothing," I blurted out.

Sarah and the rest of the table looked back at us.

"I have nothing and I know that if I lose this I won't have you. You wouldn't be my friend. You're only helping my because you hate them."

Jenny's eyes met the floor.

I walked away with Leon.

He looked at me with furrowed brows. "What's wrong?"

I stopped walking. "Could you take me home, please?"

"Sure," he smiled.

"Not for that."

His smile faded. "That's fine."

I walked over to the table and threw some cash on my plate. Then I walked away.

Leon followed behind me bewildered. "Harley-"

I opened his car door and got in.

He got in after me. "What is with you?"

"You're screwing everyone, aren't you?" I stared at him with rage forming a vein on my forehead.

His face became crestfallen. He turned away.

"And you didn't want me to find out-"

"Because I actually like you," he looked at me. "Harley, those girls in there sleep with me when they're bored. Especially, Sarah. You care that I'm sleeping with them because you care about me."

I shook my head. "You're using me-"

"No. I like you...a lot."

"Then leave Sarah."

"It's not that easy. My mother loves her-"

"That shouldn't matter," I shook my heasd. "It's about you, Leon. You're supposed to do what you think is right. She clearly doesn't know her, anyway." I sighed and shut my eyes. "You don't need to be with me but leave her."

"If I do, I will lose everything. Girls don't want me. They never do."

"The day I met her, she told me that girls were afraid to ask you out because your parents were strict. You were Gretchen's crush."

He looked at me. "Sarah told me to tell her I didn't like redheads."

I shook my head. "You're not a bad looking guy. You were just being used." I touched his hand.

He looked guilty. "I uh...I should take you home."

I turned away.

He started the car.

We drove in complete silence. The only thing in the car that made a sound was the radio.

I got out of the car and he got out after me. "Don't you have to go back?"

He shook his head. "I'm not going back. I have to go do something."

"Sarah might need a ride-"

"I don't care...Not anymore."

I smiled at him.

He walked with me, extremely quiet. He looked at me and frowned.

I touched his arm then I folded mine. I was glad that he had gotten to his senses. But I wasn't prepared for what was to come.