Chapter 33- In The Act pt1

I took a deep breath watching Oliver walk through the crowd. It was terrifying. Toby was terrifying. He was a cool guy and he always admitted when he was wrong but I wasn't sure he would let us off with a pat on the back or a hug this time. I was definitely not getting a hug.

    Oliver finally disappeared and I began to walk into the crowd. My whole view of parties was starting to change. I hated them...completely. People touching me made me uncomfortable. And the smells.

A girl began to dance on me and I quickly pulled away. She leaned over and began to gag. I crinkled my nose at her as her puke covered the floor. People backed away from her.

I also stumbled backwards unknowingly bumping into my target. A cup hit the floor and beer covered my white sneakers.

Courtney gasped and looked down at my shoes. "I'm so sorry," she looked at me.

I nervously smiled. "It's okay. You're not the first person to bump into me today."

She looked a bit scared but a smile hit her cheeks. "You're Oliver's boy-"

"Just friend. We were....experimenting. Turns out we were both confused. You know?"

She slowly nodded. "Okay." Her eyes were full of sadness.

I furrowed my brows trying to seem concerned. "Are you okay?"

"I uh...I'm fine," she tucked her hair behind her ear. "I mean...Toby and I are fighting. But it's okay."

My phone began to buzz. I looked down at it.

Oliver: I've found Toby. I'm stalling.

"Why are you guys fighting?"

She shrugged, a smile on her face and tears settling in her eyes. "I don't know. I asked him if he was cheating and he flipped out." Her heavy speech said tipsy all over it.

"Sounds like he is."

Her eyes grew.

"I mean...Most of the time guys only get extremely upset if they are cheating," I shrugged knowing that wasn't one hundred percent true.

Courtney sighed. "Well...I shouldn't be surprised. I've done things myself." Her eyes suddenly met mine with suspicion "Has Oliver told you-"

"He's somewhere in the crowd," I tried to act like I didn't know what she was going to ask. "We're having trouble ourselves."

"What's going on?"

"Well, his ex seems to having feelings for me. I turned her down but they're both my best friends." My eyes met the floor. "So, I've lost them both." I had only lost one of them.

"I guess we're both having bad nights."

I nodded. "Wish I could just feel free for a few seconds. Care free."

She stared at me then she opened her mouth to say something. A smile suddenly hit her cheek.

I furrowed my brows watching her giggle and run her fingers through her hair. "What's so funny?"

"I don't know. I just had a thought. But it's not...it's not a good idea."

"Try me. I'm up for anything right now-"

"Do you wanna...maybe go upstairs with me?"

I stared at her and gulped. I knew this was technically the plan. Get her to get me alone. But I was supposed to be drugged not completely fine. "Uhm...I don't-"

A girl suddenly tapped Courtney's shoulder.

I looked down at my hands. They were trembling...enough that she would notice. I was terrified. Willingly putting myself in harm's way. I was making myself vulnerable to something I shouldn't.