Chapter 29- Users and Abusers

Harley P.O.V:

Mekhi slipped out of the room and had been gone for a while. And to be honest, I wasn't anticipating his return. The moment I was alone, was when reality always came back to me. I was now that girl. I was the girl I used to whisper with May about in the hallway in high school. The girl from the picture.

I changed my clothes and started making my towards the door, when it opened.

Mekhi walked into the room. "Hey," he smiled. "You're dressed up. Where are you going?"

"Out for a walk," I lied.

He raised his brows. "...Dressed up?"

"Yeah- I see you later." I rushed out of the room before he could ask me another question.

I didn't want him to beg me to stay with him or take him with me. It didn't feel good having to pretend to share his level of energy. I wasn't a happy person and he was too happy.

I got into my Uber and sat scrolling through Flynn's Instagram. It was covered with sketches and he hadn't updated it in a while. No selfies. I sighed then I shut my phone off. I couldn't get over him. I was brainwashed by the idea that that was love. But it wasn't and I hadn't realized it yet.

I got out of the uber and stood in front of the club. One of my old friend was the bouncer, which meant I would get in. I joined the line scrolling through Facebook.

I scrolled past a photo then I froze and scrolled back up. It was Flynn. He was walking on his campus and he had turned back to the camera with a smile.

I smirked and ran my thumb from his head to his feet. He looked happier...better. He wasn't as skinny as he was in December and his smile looked bright. I scrolled up to see who had posted the picture. It was Riley's Facebook. She captioned it "First day back. Wish us luck." My smile slowly faded. I wished I had taken that picture.

"Excuse me," someone touched my shoulder. "Could you please pay attention?"

I looked back at the guy then I turned to the front of the line. It had moved up. "Oh, I'm sorry." I quickly walked up to the bouncer. "Hey Tim," I forced a smile.

"Harley," he smiled back then he tilted his head, signaling me to walk in.

I winked at him then I walked into the club. My smile immediately wiped off. I made my towards the bar and quickly sat down.

The bartender walked up to me and I quickly waved him off. I had no ID. Someone else would buy me a drink.

I sat staring at the picture of Flynn.

"Is that Flynn?" I heard a voice say beside me.

I quickly turned to him. I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Why are you everywhere I go?"

Leon shrugged. "I could ask you the same thing." His eyes didn't meet mine. He kept them fixed on my lips afraid to make eye contact.

I glared at him. "I just got here. I'm not going to leave."

"Then I can explain what happened to you-"

"I'll block you out. I don't want to hear what you have to say. What you did to me...," I took a deep breath then I turned away from him.

"You sitting beside me says something. Maybe you're meant to listen and if you're not going to...I'll speak."

I rolled my eyes then I looked at my phone.

"When I saw you..When Sarah introduced me to you...all I could think was...She's the most beautiful girl I've ever layed eyes."

I shook my head. "Stupid."

"I didn't think of you as...a person."

I furrowed my brows.

"I thought of you as a girl who I could get. I thought about the way you looked...how different you were...And then you spoke and you were so soft spoken. You were quiet and I liked that. I didn't hear your words. All I heard was your voice. Because all I thought about was being with you. I wanted to be with someone who wasn't Sarah. As long as you looked better and treated me like I meant something, I didn't care about anything else."

I looked at Flynn.

"...I wanted to be liked...I didn't care about loving. You did...because you wanted someone you could be with for the rest of your life. I didn't realize you treated me the way you treated me because of that. I just thought you liked me and wanted to sleep with me like the other girls did."

I gulped shutting my eyes.

"And then you did...and you turned your back to me right after and I thought that that had confirmed my dumb idea of you. So...I took the picture and left and I wasn't going to return. I went to my dorm and boasted about sleeping with you and I showed my roommate the picture...Then I came back to you...and you were crying because...," his voice grew heavy," you were afraid that I had left you. And I realized what you wanted from then. You were looking for someone to love you..."

I felt tears stinging my eyes.

"...and I was looking for someone to love me."

I opened my eyes and looked at Flynn's smile. Then I began to weep.

"I'm very sorry," Leon put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him. Then I nodded and wiped my cheeks. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"I forgive you...But I want to be alone. I don't want anything to do with you. Understand?"

He stood up. "Thank you."

I nodded keeping my eyes on my phone. When I felt like he had walked far enough, I began to weep again.

The bartender approached me. "I haven't served you. So, I know you're not drunk crying. What's wrong?"

"I used my ex," I wiped my cheeks.

The guy beside me titled his head. "I think you need some shots."