Chapter 25- Anyone

Harley P.O.V:

I threw my suitcase in the corner of my room then I walked out of the door and head to a bar. I was something I had been doing often before I left for summer break and what I had longed to do the entire time.

I walked down the streets alone in the rain, searching for a bar I could get drinks at. Sarah had taken me to one a couple of times and I was hoping her friend would be working that night.

I walked into the bar and found myself at the counter.

The bartender, Sarah's friend, walked over to me. "Hey Harley," he smiled. "It's a bit late for you to be out here. Don't you think?"

"I just want a drink, Mark," I folded my arms on the counter.

He nodded. "Alright. What do you want?"

"Some shots, maybe?"

He chuckled and shook his head, then he walked away.

A girl sat beside me. "You look a mess."

I looked at her, then I turned away.

"You were in my Health class, right?"

I looked at her again. "Yeah. Uhm...I'm Harley."

"Tony," she shook my hand.

I gave her a quick smile then I looked at the shot glass in front of me. I quickly threw my head back and swallowed.

The girl smiled and furrowed her brows at me.

"Keeps them coming, Mark."

The girl giggled. "Aren't you like...eighteen or something?"

"I'm nineteen." I threw another shot back.

"So, you're not supposed to be drinking? And you just told me this like it was nothing?"

I looked at her. "Because you wouldn't care."

"Why do you say that?" She put her elbow on the the counter and put her hand under her chin.

"You're twenty. You're not supposed to be here either."

"And how do you know this exactly?"

I picked up her ID. "You got this made by the same person my exfriend got hers from.  Besides that, I heard you tell a girl in class. Too bad she wasn't interested." I handed her her ID.

She stared at me. "So, you know-"

"That you were trying to hook up with her? Yeah. I'm observant." I watched as Mark poured me another shot.

"Why are you downing shots? Did someone hurt you? Maybe your boyfriend or-"

I snickered shaking my head. "I don't have one."

"The guy with the long hair who always met you after class-"

"Is my cousin. And I don't think he'll be meeting me after any of my classes ever again."

The girl folded her arms. "What happened?"

I looked at her.

She had a black dyed pixie cut and was dressed similar to me, in all black.

"Well, I tried to be someone I wasn't after my boyfriend and I broke up and I ended up screwing my frienemy's boyfriend after I found out that my ex was in love with his bestfriend. To make matters worse, the asshole pulled my sheet off of me and snapped a photo of me while I slept. Shared it with his friends."

"Wow. So you're here drinking because of that?"

I smiled. "Nope. My ex called me after that and told me a pile of crap about him and his best friend faking their relationship, which I have proof is a total lie."

"What's your proof?"

"Pictures," I handed her my phone.

"Wow," she flipped through the photos.

"I know... He cut me off. Then this sunmer I spent the entire break watching my ex run around in his car. Every morning, bright smile on his face, getting into his car and driving away. Then there was that morning his best friend's ex girlfriend came in her car. He walked out of his house with a suitcase and hugged her, then he kissed her forehead. Turns out he was going to her grandmother's funeral all the way in Kansas. Something he would never do for me."

"But what about your cousin? What does he have to do with this?"

"He was talking about me with my ex behind my back. Said he needed help to handle me or some shit like that."

She handed me my phone back. "Wait... you're that girl from that party who crushed the front of that guy's car with her Jeep."

I nodded, chugging another shot, which was now giving me the effect I wanted. My head began to spin.

"That was really badass," she nodded.

"Glad I could entertain."

"Hey, do you wanna sit with me and friends over there?"

I looked at where she was pointing.

There were a few girls, but it was mainly boys, one of them being one of the guys I had met in Leon's room. The girl clearly already knew who I was.

"Nah, I think I'm good. I've had enough of stupid guys. I need a break from people in general."

"Alright," she got up and walked away.

I downed a few more shots for about a half an hour more then I flinched when someone touched my shoulder. It was the girl.

"I'm about to head back. Do you need a ride?"

I cleared my throat then I said something I would regret in the morning. "How about you take me back to your dorm?"

"Are you sure? You're drunk."

"I'm not as drunk as you the think I am."

"Okay," she raised a brow and smiled.

I jumped down from my stool and followed her, trying not to puke. I wasn't in my right frame of mind. I wasn't totally drunk, but I wasn't bisexual either. I was lonely and angry and I was taking what I got. I needed someone...Anyone.