1~A 1986 Date night

~Mike's POV~

It's a hot, summer night. El and I are on another date. We have been on many dates since the day I got to reunite with her a couple years ago. She has been learning to speak more and learn how to act as a teenager. We are both 15 years old now...wow, it feels like yesterday I took El to the Snowball dance. She looked so elegant in her dress and her eyes sparkled while we danced.

El and I plopped down on the comfty couch in my basement. We sat right next to eachother with our shoulders touching.

"So, you pick what to watch this time." I said to El as I turned my head facing towards her. She turned as well. I could see her beautiful face that had a hugely cheeky smile on it.

"No...you pick." El replied back to me. By the look on her face, I could tell that she didn't have any ideas of what to watch as we have seen most of the movies that I owned.

"Well, we have watched almost all of the movies. How about we do something else?" I didn't want El to get the wrong idea of what I had just said. Although, she doesn't know much about love.

El's expression turned curious, "Like what?"

"U-um I-i we c-could just t-talk?" My stuttering was very obvious and I turned slightly red.

El seemed to like the idea of just hanging and talking though, so she nodded her head. "Okay."

We were both silent and stared at eachother intently. I needed to break the silence though...

"So, how are you liking school? You get to hang out with me and the others all of the time. Do you like your teachers? What's your favorite subject? Do you like lu-"

El stopped me from talking too much, it was true though...i talk alot when i'm nervous.

"Mike. One question at a time, okay?"

El has also learned to talk more in sentences rather than just one word. She learns quickly, that's a thing I love about her. I nodded my head and stated with a soft and gentle tone,

"Yes, okay..what's your favorite subject?"

El looked confused, so I reassured her,

"A subject is like a class we have..such as my favorite subject is science."

I smiled at El as she understood with a nod and replied,

"My favorite subject is art."

I wasn't suprised...El does love art. She's pretty amazing at it too. But, she paints eggos alot more, which is adorable.

"You're great at it too.."

El turned red at what I just said and she replied,

"Thank you."

It was very silent once again. El and I were both red this time. We didn't know what else to say. It was just us, alone on a couch in my basement. Was this a good chance to make a move? I guess I could try.

I lean in towards El's face and stare into her eyes as I move. She doesn't stop me, and only just smiles slightly but still very red. My lips are just centimeters away from her's. But, all of a sudden, a figure comes stomping down the stairs. As I expected,this person was Hopper. I quickly moved my head away from El and we had scared expressions as we watched Hopper.

He looked pissed off once he caught a glance of what I almost just did to El.

"Mike! You BETTER NOT have been trying what I think you were!" Hopper was angry and stood at the bottom of the stairs with his arms crossed.

I made an excuse, "El had something on her face, s-so I was getting close to brush it off!"

Hopper just nodded and said, "Mhm, sure. Jane, it's past your curfew. Let's go."

El frowned. She didn't want to go home yet. So, she begged.

"Please, let me stay just for a few more minutes."

Hopper sighed and put his head down,

"Okay, fine...but you get 3 minutes! Not a second over! Got it?!"

"Got it."

Hopper marched back upstairs to talk to my mother.

El looked back at me after a few seconds. She smiled, and moved closer to me. Her lips touched mine and I grew suprised. I had always been the one to kiss El, not her. But, this time she kissed me. SHE KISSED ME!!! I'm so happy..The kiss lasted a perfect amount of time. We stopped and both of us were smiling like idiots. Mostly me though. The kiss was perfect. Like I was in a dream.

Hopper called from upstairs that time was up. El hugged me before getting up and said something before she headed up the stairs..

"I guess love is something that I can see now...and it's you I love, Mike. See you tomorrow."

She walked up the stairs and left me with a stupid smile on my face. The smile that I never want to go away. Ever...