26~It's Life

<Eleven's POV>

    I ran out of the arcade. I needed to get home, away from the one I love-

    No..

    The one I used to love.

    I gave all of my trust into Mike. I thought we were meant to be and we've been through so much together. How could he do this to me?

    Tears flowed down my cheeks as I was sprinting towards home. Once I reached my door I swung it open.

    "You're home early, what hap-" Hopper paused and rushed over to me. I was standing in the doorway with a tear-stained face.

    He pulled me into his embrace and I sobbed loudly into his chest. Nothing has ever hurt me so badly.

   We headed into my room and sat on my bed. I still sobbed into my dad's chest.

    "Okay...sweet heart what happened?" Hopper asked in the most gentle voice.

    I looked up at him and then down, speaking.

   "M-m-mi-mike h-h-he-"

   I struggled to say. Hopper rocked me back and forth in his arms. "Shhh..take a deep breath."

   I took a few deep breaths and it did help.

   "Now...let's try again. Tell me what happened."

   I managed to speak this time, only with a few stutters.

   "M-mike. He doesn't lo-love me." I sobbed a few times again, more tears streaming down my face.

   Hopper though it was nonsense. "That's impossible. Of course he loves you."

   "No, dad." I said. "He loves M-Max."

   My father hugged me tight and sighed. "Sweetheart, in life everyone has to go through a heartbreak. It's impossible to avoid. There is a time when two lovers just go the wrong path and things go wrong. It's just...life."

   I was broken. I thought that Mike was going to be the one I would always love.

   Hopper continued, "Hey..this isn't the end of the world. This doesn't mean you aren't ever going to find someone..it just means you haven't found the right guy yet. Someday, you'll find a guy that will never let you go...that will be by your side until the day you die."

   I didn't smile, but my dad always makes me feel better when I'm down.

   I looked up at him "Thanks dad." Then I hugged him as tight as I could.

   "I love you Jane."

   "I love you too."

    That's when I smiled. It would be hard and take awhile to get over him. But, maybe my father is right. Maybe I just haven't found the right one yet.

    Before Hopper left my bedroom, he stated,

   "Oh yeah, Mike's gonna pay for breaking my Jane's heart."

   Then he shut the door to give me alone time to process everything.

    I laid down and stared at the ceiling for awhile.

    My thoughts were hurting me.

    Because all I could think about was the soothing sound of Mike's voice.

   ...and our memories together.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey peeps i'm sorry for breaking your hearts but the story will get better I promise!! <3 <3 <3