14~Can't tell Anyone

<Mike's POV>

Voices...

Light...

Was this...heaven?

My vision was blurry and all I could see was blobs of figures surrounding me. I groaned and the figures immediatly spoke.

"Mike?" A soothing voice came to my ears. It was a familiar voice that made me feel at home.

"El-Eleven?" I managed to speak my girlfriend's name. She sighed with relief.

"Yes, Mike..it's me." she told me and grabbed my hand.

My eyes opened all the way and I saw the sight of El's beautiful features. Her short, curly hair was a mess. It looked as if she was miserable. Her hair looked just like the style she had from when I reunited with her years back. She always wanted to keep that short look, which I think looks the greatest on her. I ignored all of the others around me, but finally acknowledged them.

"Don't scare us like that ever again!!" Dustin told me with a worried, but relieved look on his face.

I looked around and noticed that it was day, and the last time I was awake, it was night. My eyes widened.

"How long was I out!?" I exclaimed, while sitting up.

"Two days." Will replied, guesturing at my watch.

Holy. Shit. Wouldn't my parents be worried about me at all!? Wait....why am I in Will's bed?

"Uhm, what about my mom and dad?"

Dustin answered my question, "We told them that you were going to stay at Will's house for a few days for a huge experiment.

I shook my head and asked another question,

"Why here?"

Lucas went in next and explained to me that they didn't trust anywhere but Will's place for me to be fainted at.

Next, came their questions.

"Mike, what caused you to faint?" El asked me with a concerned look.

Flashbacks came to me. I remembered that the Aracnaphae spoke to me in my head, and how I need to obey it. But, I cant tell anyone. Not yet at least. I don't want El to worry about this problem. She's had enough. Lucas, Dustin, and Will shouldn't know either.

I replied, "I-i think it was just because I was light headed. El's nightmares have caught me off guard....they make me worry.

I could tell that El felt really bad. She was about me say sorry but I stopped her from saying that word.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. The nightmares are not your fault. We just need to get through them together."

El smiled at me and gave a a big hug. She had to survive two whole days without me cuddling her, or calling her cute. I would soon make it up to her though with a date.

I then got up and managed to use my legs without falling. El helped me a bit and I told the others that they could head home and I would go back to my house. El, of course, came with me. I opened my front door and my mom came over to say hi.

"How did your project go?" she asked me while El stepped inside and closed the door.

"Great." I replied, hoping that she didn't continue to speak.

Before she could, I told El to follow me and we headed upstairs to my room instead of the basement. I closed my bedroom door and talked to El.

"So, El, I-i wanna make it up to you for not being able to hang with you for two days..." I started and then continued, "Do you want to go on a date tomorrow? To this lake that isn't too far from here?"

El grew happy and told me, "Yes, i'd love to! But, Mike, you don't need to feel like you need to make it up to me."

I just said, "Okay.."

We smiled at eachother and I figured that Hopper would be here in a bit, but we had time to do something.

I plopped on my bed and spoke, "Come here.."

My arms reached out for El and she took the offer, my arms wrapping around her and pulling her against me. Her head tucked under my chin and we stayed like that for a long time. This is what we enjoyed doing....it calmed us, and made us feel safe.

Without warning, my door opened fast revealing Hopper. The look on his face when he saw us made me want to laugh so hard. He wasn't mad at all, but suprised to see El and I holding eachother on my bed like that.

"I should be pissed right now, but this is actually really cute." He said and he continued to speak with a smirk.

"Karen! Come up here! You gotta see this!" Hopper began to just laugh at us. Rude...at least he thought we looked adorable.

My mother made her way up and almost choked on the wine she just sipped. Her expression was just as funny as Hopper's.

I couldn't hold back anymore and just started to laugh really hard. El joined in with me. We both though, turned red and buried our faces into eachother.

Another voice came in....Nancy.

"Oh my god.." Nancy started wheezing and saying awwww at the same time. I didn't think El and I cuddling would be this big of a deal....but I mean, nobody has ever seen us do it before so I suppose it would be an aww moment.

After a few minutes, the laughing and teasing kept going. My mom even grabbed her camera and took a picture. Okay...that was too far.

"No. No. No. Stop. SO EMBARASSING. Get. Out." I ordered and got up to shut my door.

Hopper called from outside the door, still laughing.

"But I gotta steal her from you now...you two can see eachother tomorrow!"

I opened back up the door and said goodbye to El. I snuck a peck on the lips while Hopper wasn't looking.

"I can't wait for tomorrow!" she told me while walking down the stairs.

"Yeah.." I said, "Oh! Bring a swimsuit tomorrow! We'll be getting wet!"

El nodded and I waved.

I just wanted it to be tomorrow already.