16~He'll be Okay

<Eleven's POV>

Mike was in the worst condition I've ever seen him in. His cuts or bruises have never been this bad. And his back....oh god his back....it's just such a bad sight.

I found my towel that I had brought to use for a wrap. I quickly grabbed it and ran back to Mike. He was sitting up and the look on his face was telling me that something terrible was wrong. Oh no...

"M-m-mike?" I still struggled to speak. My heart was still pounding and tears still ran down my cheeks.

He looked up at me with that same look and right away, it disappeared. I guess the sight of me was enough to make him less depressed. Even if I was crying...

"E-El...we need to get me to theh-ospital." Mike must of been in a lot of pain.

I took some of the lake water and softly poured it on Mike's cuts and his back. Most of the blood stopped oozing out on his cuts but his back just wasn't stopping. I took the towel and wrapped it around Mike's back and already I could see blood seeping through the fabric.

"Mike?! Oh my god!!!?? What happened?!" Mike's sister and Jonathan came rushing towards me and Mike. The look on their faces made me cry even more. I don't know why...just, Mike is everything to me and I can't bare to see him like this.

"Nancy, you pick up his arms and I'll pick up his legs. Eleven, hold Mike's back and make sure the towel doesn't slip." Jonathan said we all carried him.

We reached Johnathon's car. I sat in the back seat and had Mike lay his head on my lap while he was sprawled out, taking up the other back seats. Jonathan drove FAST. We then arrived at the hospital and rushed Mike in while approaching the front desk.

None of us needed to say anything once the lady saw us holding Mike. Immediately, we got him into a hospital bed and a nurse came in. She ran some tests and then left the room.

Next, a doctor arrived and told us,

"So, he will indeed need surgery. We looked at his ex-rays and Mike has a bit of his spine broken, and the opening needs to be closed up and fixed before too much blood is lost."

By now, I had stopped crying but sniffled.

"W-will h-h-he be okay?" I ask the doctor. He smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"With our surgeons, he'll be good as new."

I smiled and grabbed Mike's hand. He slowly moved his neck to me and said,

"Don't worry about me. I'll be alright."

I nod and he says one more thing,

"I love you."

"I love you too."

That's when the doctor tells us nicely that it's time to leave. Nancy and Jonathan drive me home and I tell Hopper about the whole day. He frowns.

"He'll be okay, don't worry Jane."

I mouth okay and change into some pajamas, crawling into my bed. It's very comfortable, but not as much as Mike's embrace. I hoped that I would not have a bad dream tonight, and just dream about a nice world without danger and worries.

Just me and Mike.