7~A Moment to last Forever

<Mike's POV>

   El and I reached my house. The bike ride was long and silent. We both headed through my basement door. The others gone. Probably went to go look for me. I grabbed my walkie-talkie and held down a button to speak.

  "Guys, if you all went to look for me, i'm fine. Just needed to get El. Over."

  After a few seconds came a response out of the machine. It was Lucas.

   "Seriously man! Don't just run off like that! Heading back now. Over!"

   Shit. I didn't want them all to head back to where me and El were. I need to be with her alone!

   I pressed down the button again and spoke.

   "No, don't. I need to be with El alone right now. Over and out."

   Dustin's voice came through,

  "Ohhhh, I get it. Have fun, over and out." He teased.

   I turned red. I knew El had heard what Dutin said. She was right next to me on the couch.

    "Dustin is stupid. Just ignore him." I remarked.

    El gave a tiny laugh. She then stopped and asked,

    "What's wrong, Mike?"

    I didn't answer at first. I was so scared to tell her.

    "Mike?" she continued to try and get me to answer.

   I then hesitated...but spoke,

   "I-i think something is after you," I started, trying hard to breateh steadily. But, my breaths were heavy.

   El frowned. I could tell that she was very scared.

   I continued to speak,

   "This morning, we were playing Dungeons and Dragons. Dustin got pissed off and flipped over the game board...to the upside down,"

    My heart started to pound really fast.

    "Recently, a new enemy came out, and I got it. It's called the Aracnaphae. It's the most powerful monster yet. When the board was flipped, all of the pieces fell, except for the Aracnaphae...and all that was left was that creature on top of the upside down."

    El grew more fear.

   "Dustin, why was he mad?" She asked.

   I don't think that part really mattered, but I'll answer anything El asks me.

   "He was mad because we lost to that enemy. It got us."

   El shook her head, and I kept going.

    "I don't think the Aracnaphae being the only thing left on the board was a coincidence. Especially if it was on the other side....what i'm saying is, I think that a new creature has been created in the Upside Down....a-and i-it wants u-us."

   My stuttering was horrible. El and I stared at eachother. We both then felt the same fear. I was so close to tearing up.

   "That's why I brought you here. El, I can't let anything happen to you. You are the most important thing to me in the whole entire world."

    ..and there came the tears. A few ran down my cheeks.

     El started to cry as well and I pulled her into my arms. She tucked her face into my shoulder, and we cried for a very long time.

     "Mike," El looked up at me while we still cuddled. "I love you...and I know that we will get through this."

     I sniffled and gave El a kiss, but not a long one.

     "I love you too."

     She put her head back down onto my shoulder and I kept my arms wrapped around her tightly. I just wish this moment could last forever. I love her so much.....she has been through so much in her life and doesn't deserve any more trouble. I whispered under my breath, even though El could hear,

    "I cant loose you again."