4~Dungeons and Dragons

<Mike's POV>

    "Something is coming,"

     "Something is hungry for blood."

      "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."

      ...and there were those words. The exact same ones I said years ago.

      "It's almost here.." I continued. My friends always told me that I made a good leader and actor. My dramatic scenes were great.

      "Is it the demogorgon?! It's the demogorgon!" Dustin babbled, at the edge of his seat. We all really got into the game.

      I replied with more drama added, "No, something much, much worse."

     Everyone went wide eyed. The four of us haven't really changed over the years. Just how we look, I guess.

     "What is it!?" My friends all asked at the same exact time.

     My face grew dead serious, looking down at the ground....and I made the move.

     I slammed down a figure onto the game board. The enemy had spider-like features and the most terrifying eyes. Red, blood-shot, eyes. Not just two though, billions.

     Well, not literally that many.

      It's body had long limbs sticking out of the torso. And the enemy's legs made it look tall, and giant-like.

     "The Aracnaphae!!!!!!!" I screamed out as the others shouted and began to chant a bunch of powers to kill this creature.

      The Aracnaphae was the newest edition to DnD. The most badass one too. Like, it had skills.

     "I should've known!" Lucas shouted.

      Dustin, out of all of us, was the most dramatic person EVER. In the game and out, he's full of drama.

      "Shit, shit, shit ,shit, shit, shit....shit!" Dustin kept saying to himself. The louder he got, the worse his drama was.

    Dustin grew anxious,

     "Kill that son of a bitch!"

    He said that at the wrong time, though. My mother was at the bottom of the stairs watching us.

    "Watch your language, Dustin." She stated, with a half grin and half serious look.

    Dustin apolagized, "Sorry, Mrs.Wheeler."

    My mom nodded and turned to look at the whole group.

    "I've made breakfast. Pause your game and come up to eat boys"

     I groaned. The Aracnaphae wasn't even killed yet, and we couldn't just leave the game like this. That wasn't the rule. 

    "Mom, please just 5 more minutes!!!!" I begged.

     Mother didn't looked amused at all. Shit, she never did when I begged.

     "Michael, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You can't miss it. Besides, you can just continue your game after."

     We all sighed and headed upstairs to the kitchen. I could smell fresh Eggo waffles. El's favorite...

     I sat down at the spot I always sat in every single day.

     My older sister, Nancy, took a seat beside me. She then spoke to me,

     "You know, mom's right. You can't skip breakfast."

     Nancy smirked after she spoke.

    I just glared back at her and grabbed the maple syrup.

    It oozed out onto my two waffles. I wish El was here right now to enjoy them with me. But, I'm sure Hopper makes her some every morning. I shpuld go see El today....I really really wanna see her everyday.

   So many thoughts went through my head as I ate breakfast. Dustin, Lucas, and Will were muttering under their breath about me, saying,

   "He's doing that thing again...where he gets deep into thought and nothing can interupt him."

    My three best friends laughed. Nancy looked at me as if I was some kind of retard.

    "Hm, you thinking about your girlfriend?" She teased, with an even bigger smirk than before.

    "Piss off, Nancy." I barked with a glare and secretly gave the finger. Nancy didn't care what I would say to her anyways. I mean, El is my girlfriend. But, with Nancy teasing me about it, that just makes me angry. Nancy doesn't understand El and I's relationship.

    Soon enough, we all ended up back in the basement to kill the monster.

    It had taken us a good ten minutes, but we lost.

    It killed us all....

    "Son of a bitch!" Dustin flipped over the game board. The bottom of it was black, and all of the pieces landed on the floor. Except for the Aracnaphae. It ended up landing on the bottom of the flipped board. Nobody bothered to care though.

     I noticed though, and It was giving me this icy chill down my spine.

     "El.." I whispered to myself before leaving the others immidiatly and taking off on my bike.