21~You can Tell me Anything

It's winter break and i'm back to writing!!!!!!!! <3

<Mike's POV>

    "So, what do you need to talk about?"

    Will and I were up in my bedroom. I left Eleven down in the basement to sleep. Thankfully I didn't wake her up from moving.

    We sat on my bed next to eachother both facing one of my walls. Will then looked at his feet and began to talk,

    "You've been acting weird lately, like your not yourself. Almost how I acted when that mind flayer took over me a couple years ago..."

    A chill went up my spine. Shit. I continued to let Will speak.

   "You passing out a few days ago, and then right after that almost breaking your back. It's not normal. Something is wrong with you and your personality....it's not you. Yes, you've been treating Eleven right, but you seem more quiet than usual."

    I frowned. Will was right though...and of course there was no way I could hide my situation for long. But, I CANT tell him...I just cant.

    "I-it's just because i've been having bad flashbacks you know, from when El wasn't there...from when I couldn't save her. It hurts." I lied, but it was also kinda true. Those flashbacks do hurt my heart. I have El now though.

    Will didn't seem convinced.

   "Mike...you are my best friend. We're like brothers, and you know you can tell me anything right?" He asked, finally looking me in the eyes.

   "Of course I know that." I replied. Will looked sad, all he wanted was the truth.

   "Please, Mike, tell me...what is really happening to you?"

   I sighed. I guess telling Will wouldn't hurt. Here goes nothing...

   "You can't tell anyone. To make it a shorter story, there is a creature in my mind telling me what to do. It wants me to get hurt, so El gets weak and sad when I get hurt. She's not strong when she's weak, so if she is that means the creature can take her. I think it might have to do with the upsidedown. I...don't think that place was ever completely closed up."

   Will's eyes widened. But, his expression also told me that he expected a situation like this. He then told me,

   "Mike, i'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'll do everything I can do to help, and I promise that I wont tell a soul about this."

   We smiled and then hugged. I'm so glad to have Will as a friend. Dustin and Lucas are great too, but Will has always been the one to look out for me the most.

    Will Byers is my friend.

    My best friend.