9~I'm Here

<Mike's POV>

    I woke up. El was still sound asleep in my arms. She looks so adorable when sleeping. Well, I couldn't move, or else I'd wake her up. I don't want to disturb her sleep because she's probably having a nice dream. What if she's dreaming about me?

    My face suddenly made a shade of bright red. God, I need to control my blushing, otherwise i'll just be teased even more.

    El suddenly started muttering a few things in her sleep.

   "No...No!" She started to cry. A nightmare?

    "Mike! No, please don't leave me! MIKE!?" El continued to scream in her sleep. Her tears were dripping onto my shirt. Oh god, this really was a nightmare.

    I started to rock El back and forth in my arms,

   "Shhh, shhhh," I whispered.

   "I'm here, El....i'm here...you're safe.."

    El had water still dripping down her face, but stopped screaming. She calmed down.

    "It was just a nighmare.." I told her in the softest, most soothing voice.

   El opened her eyes slowly. She gave a sniffle and said, "Mike?"

   "Shhh, i'm here..." I kept rocking her back and forth. She buried her head into my chest and under my chin.

    "Y-you got taken...in my nigthmare." El whimpered in a low voice.

    I stayed silent and just kept hugging her. El needed me more than anything right now, especially when she just had a nightmare.

    "When's the last time you had a nightmare?" I asked hesitantly.

    "Last night...the same one." She replied, scared.

    Oh no...if El keeps having nightmares when she sleeps, she could get too scared to ever speak again. I needed her to stay with me until I figure out what this problem really is. I just need to, but Hopper wouldn't allow her to sleep over with me...i know he wouldn't.

    "El," I started, "W-what if you stayed here tonight and tomorrow...it could help you with your horrible nightmares if i'm here with you."

   El seemed to like that idea but then stated,

   "My dad, he would never let me."

   I figured she was gonna say that. If only I could talk Hopper into it...maybe, just maybe there is a possiblility.

   "I'll persuade him." I persisted.

    I let go of El and got up. She followed and we headed out the door to ride back to El's place. I looked down at my watch...it said 7:00 pm. Shit, my mom was going to call for dinner time any minute. You know what, who cares...being with El is more important. El held onto the back of me and I peddaled.

   It was already dark outside, so I needed to be extra careful.

  "I'm gonna force Hopper to say yes...with what i'm gonna tell him, he'll have to." I proclaimed.

    "Good luck, Mike." El said, "It's hard to persuade him."

     If Hopper doesn't say yes...

    I'm gonna be very pissed...so pissed.