6~Keep her safe

<Mike's POV>

    I need to hurry.

    I need to make sure El is fine.

    I need to protect her.

    A few years ago, when I had met El for the first time, she flipped our DnD game board to the black side and called it the Upside Down, with the demogorgon figurine on it. That board has been flipped again, but the newst edition to DnD was on that side...somehow.

   I got some kind of chill after that, like something was wrong.

   The demogorgon took Will in when we were in 7th grade. What if...No! I'm not going to let that happen!!!

   My bike had almost slipped from rocks a few times because of how fast I was peddaling. I didn't care though, I need to keep my girlfriend safe.

     After about twenty minutes of riding, I reached El and Hopper's house in the woods. I hopped off my bike and let it fall down. My legs rushed to their front door and I knocked so many times, I think Hopper would be very pissed off.

     The door opened and revealed of course, a very pissed off Hopper.

    "It's early. Why the hell are you here this early in the morning!?" he complained. Hopper sure is scary when he yells.

    I checked my watch and it said 11:00 am. So, I ignored his complaint and went straight to the point.

   "Is El awake?"

   I was getting impatient...I really needed to see El.

   Hopper sighed and said,

   "Yes, wh-"

   "Good." I zoomed past Hopper and ran into the house while he cussed at me. But, I ignored him and found El happily eating Eggos at a table.

    She turned around fast, as if she knew I was coming. An even greater smile was on her face as she saw me.

   "Mike!" El beamed, but looked confused as to why I was here.

    She got up from her chair and gave me a hug. Her dad watched us with annoyance, and was just as confused as El.

    The hug ended and I grabbed her hand.

   "We need to go. I'll explain later.."

   Hopper stopped me from pulling her out the door,

   "Woah, hold on. Where do you think you're going with her?!"

   My face looked dead serious and I answered,

   "Please, just let me take El to my place. I need her right now..Jim, please." I looked as if I was about to burst out into tears. I feared...

    Hopper sighed,

   "First of all, call me Hopper..I thought I told you that already. Second of all, fine. But, you have to have her back by 8 pm. I mean it."

   I thanked Hopper and burst out the door. Grabbing my bike to set it up straight, I hopped on and told El,

    "Hop on."

   She did, and I immediatly took off.

   I'm gonna keep my girl safe. Nothing is going to get past me, not ever.