10~Please, Hopper

<Hopper's POV>

      I was watching television as I ate my dinner, without Jane. She wants Mike time more than father-daughter time. I just feel so protective over her. I don't want Mike taking anything too far...their just teenagers.

    All of a sudden, knocking was heard from the front door. Probably Mike and Jane...i mean it is time for them to be back. It's almost 8 pm.

    More knocking was heard again as I got up, but it was hard knocking.

    "I'm coming, i'm coming!" I shouted.

    I opened the door to find my prediction correct...Mike and Jane.

    "Thanks for bringing Jane home now, bye." I took Jane inside and shut the door before Mike could speak.

    Once I sat down, Jane was still standing by the door while Mike knocked hard and fast.

    Ugh...

   "What the hell does he want now?!" I asked to Jane. She didn't say anything...eh, usual.

    I opened the door and was already pretty pissed off. Mike looked nervous, extremely nervous.

   "H-hopper," He started while stuttering, "El, she keeps having these n-nightmares. A-about m-me.."

   He stopped speaking, and I replied,

   "Yes, i'm aware..and?"

   Mike spoke again,

   "She fell asleep today at my place, and had that same nightmare again. But, I was with her this time and I managed to calm her down. So, I thought that with El being with me...her nightmares could stop. So, can she please, just for tonight..sleep over??"

    No.

    No.

   No..

   IS MIKE OUT OF HIS DAMN MIND?!

   I immediatly answered, "No."

   Mike turned sad and angry at the same time.

   "WHY!?" He asked with yelling. "What, you think i'm gonna take it 'too far'?! NO! I just want to help her!"

    I still didn't give in. Mike continued to yell at me,

   "JIM! You need to understand that-"

   "DO NOT CALL ME JIM. IT'S HOPPER, MIKE...H-O-P-P-E-R." I shouted back. Mike tended to call me by my first name when he's angry or serious. Which I think is very disrespectful.

    "FINE!" Mike said, and he started yelling again.

   "Hopper. You need to understand that if El keeps having these nightmares, her powers could get too heated up and injure us or anything! She will get scared and not want to talk to anyone. If she stays here, she'll just keep waking up every morning to something happening to me! If she's with me, it can stop, and I can make her better again.."

   I would admit that I'm very over protective with Jane...and I don't want her to keep having nightmares.

   "I-I just can't bare to see El suffer. She's already been though enough in her life. She doesn't deserve more trouble." Mike had a few tears, but wiped them off. He grabbed Jane's hand.

   I sighed, "You know, I don't wanna see her like that either...I'm just trying to be a dad. But I realize how over protective I am."

   Mike nodded his head and Jane put her head on his shoulder.

   "Dad, you are the best. You need to stop worrying so much about me though..i've got my powers, and Mike...and you." Jane told me. She smiled. Her smile made me happy.

   "Thanks, Jane..you can go then. I..will see you tomorrow, okay?" I smiled and hugged my daughter.

    "Thank you so much, dad. I love you."

    "I love you too."

    Mike and Jane then left. I just hope they are okay...I guess I just love the pressence of Jane so much, that I hate it when she leaves.

   I went back to eating my now cold dinner and watching a random 80's show. I've got work tomorrow...ugh.