8~Safe in his Arms

<Eleven's POV>

     Being in Mike's arms was the best feeling. I feel safe...like nothing can happen when I'm embraced by my boyfriend.

    The tears on both of our faces dried up, and there was no more.

    "Let's just hang in here for the whole day. Forget about our troubles and just have a..good day." Mike told me and I replied,

    "Okay, that sounds great."

    So, we went back to cuddling and staying silent.

    About five minutes later, Mike's mom came down the stairs,

    "You guys are awfully quiet down here, I-"

   Mrs.Wheeler stopped speaking and was suprised to see Mike and I cuddling. We both immediatly turned as red as a tomato.

   "Well, um, I thought the boys were down here, but i'm just going to leave you two now.."

   The mother walked back up the stairs, feeling guilty for interrupting our moment. I honestly thought that she would tell us to stop, but she didn't. It was so weird...

    "Oh yeah and Mike," Mrs.Wheeler called from up the stairs. "I have my eye on you. Don't go too far you two.."

   There it was...the typical protecting mother. I wish that I had a mother to do my hair, or put makeup on me...teach me how to be more lady-like. My dad wasn't the best person to really teach me that kind of stuff, considering he's a guy.

   "We wont, mom!" Mike shouted loud enough for his mother to hear.

    "We wont do that, right?" He turned to me.

    "Right." I replied with a smile.

    Mike added on,

   "All I want to do is to stay like this all day and talk about good things."

   Mike smiled at me and his smile....it's heart warming. My heart is always pounding fast when he smiles, because it tells me that he is happy and that's my goal....to keep him the bright person he is....and of course to stay with him forever.

    Mike noticed that I was staring at him.

   "El? You okay?" He asked, still grinning.

   "More than okay." I told him, and he pulled me closer than before. Our lips touched and this kiss lasted a long time. Probably one of the most memorable kisses we've had. But, not as memorable as the one from the Snowball.

   Our kiss stopped because we heard voices right outside the basement door.

   Mike got angry and knew exactly who was making noises.

   "Shhhh! Be quiet guys! We're gonna blow our cover!"

    Dustin's whispering voice was right outside.

   Mike got up and I followed after him. He pushed open the door to find the whole other party members ducking down.

   Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Max...our last member who joined. I wasn't too fond of her at first, which was a couple years ago..but she grew to be one of my best friends. She cant steal Mike away from me anyways...her and Lucas are in a relationship.

    "How much did you guys see?!" Mike was extremely angry, and embarrassed.

     Max went in and answered Mike's question.

    "Only everything."

    I then blushed as much as Mike did at that moment. Mike didn't say anything and slammed the door shut, closing the the blinds.

    "I swear, they ruin all of our moments." Mike complained.

    I agreed. It wasn't fair.

    We sat down on the couch again and Mike wrapped his arms back around me, putting us into the same way as before.

    "You know, you're so cute when you get angry." I teased and Mike laughed.

    "Well," he said, "You look cute no matter what you do."

    I blushed and we both laughed for a good solid minute. Mike and I started to get tired, even though it was only the afternoon.

    Eventually we both closed our eyes, and fell asleep. For sure this time, I can really dream, being safe with Mike.

     Safe in the arms of my lover.