32~Best Friends After all

<Mike's POV>

      An hour had passed since I got angry at Seth. He's ruined my life and I really do hate him. I was surprised that Eleven even came up and spoke to me.

   It made my heart break though. Even the sight of her makes me feel that same pain from when she left me.

   Eleven left the room to go talk to her friends that I had lost.  Dustin and Lucas had arrived, and so did Max. Everyone was either in the backyard or the kitchen, which left me all alone in the living room. I hope Nancy would come back soon.

   I sat on the couch with my head down, fidgeting with my fingers.

   I could just barely hear my old friends talking to each other and being happy, without me.

   I guess they didn't need me after all.

   I'm not needed by anyone.

   I'm useless.

  About an hour later Nancy had came back by my side and we talked a lot, but I only used small words like El used to.

   "So, did you and Eleven talk to each other?"

  I then nodded my head. "Yeah, but then the bastard came and ruined everything."

   Nancy glared at the thought of Seth. She didn't like him either.

   "Well i'm here now again and he won't be a problem."

   Little did she know, that I was about to fight him.

   It was close to dinner time for all of the guests and the rest of my used to be friends arrived.

   Will peeked into the living room and saw me. He had a look on his face that told me I was wrong, but he misses me. Will was my best friend, of course he would miss me.

    He came closer to me. "Hey.."

   I looked down, so he wouldn't see my eye.

   "Hi."

   It was silent for a few minutes, but then Will sat down next to me and looked at the wall across from the couch.

   "I...I don't know how to put this, but.." he started. "I missed you....alot."

  I looked up at him, forgetting about my eye. "I missed you too." I croaked out. It was hard talking to him again.

  He turned towards me, then his eyes widened. "Guess Lucas hurt you pretty bad."

   "Yeah." was all I could reply.

  "I think I should leave you guys alone for right now." Nancy said while leaving the room.

  Will then started to speak again. "Mike, I'm so sorry I left you at that arcade. I was stupid at first thinking it was all your fault...when really it wasn't even your fault at all."

   I gave a confused and relieved expression.

  Will continued, "Seth is that monster you told me about...isn't he?"

   "How'd you know?" I questioned.

   "The way he acted...it wasn't quite human."

  I nodded and said, "He's the one who told me to break El's heart..i followed that order to save her life."

    "He's ruining my life, Will." My eyes started to water and soon enough I slipped a few tears down my cheeks.

   Will hugged me tight and he patted my back.

  "Hey, hey don't cry Mike. I'm here to help you now. You got your best friend back...don't cry I'm here for you."

   Then it happened. I actually smiled. My smile was the biggest it's been in so long, and at this time I was actually happy for just this once.

   I got my best friend back.

  I stopped crying but still sniffled a bit.

"Thank you, Will..Thank you." I said with my voice cracking.

  "Now," Will stopped hugging me. "Let's go eat. I'm starving and your i've missed your mom's meals."

   I gave a tiny laugh, and we both headed for the dining room.

  Maybe my life wasn't as ruined as I thought.

————————————————————-
I seriously love the bond between Will and Mike💕💕💕