31~His Mask

<Eleven's POV>

I brushed my hand gently over the surface of Mike's patch that covered his hurt eye. I could see a bit of the purple color peeking out of the patch, like an infection but, not spreading. Whatever Lucas did caused a lot of damage...

Mike flinched at my touch. I could tell that he wanted to look down, but the cause of my touch was keeping his head up. I knew why he wanted to. His guilt. He can't look at me with feeling the painful regret.

Leaving him was something I almost regret.

Mike gave out a tiny groan as I kept on touching it softly because of my curiosity.

He then spoke to me for the first time in what felt like forever.

"Nancy...she treats it...but it just seems to get...worse."

Mike groaned a bit again from my touch. I then stopped touching the patch and put my arm down. Mike sighed a bit of relief from being able to finally look down.

I glanced at all of the people in the living room and then back at Mike. After a few moments of silence, he glanced up at me.

He seemed...different. Like he changed. It was like the color drained out of his face.

..and no emotion.

"You're pale." I stated.

"I know."

I didn't know what to say after his response. I swear it's like I was talking to a corpse. But one other thing about Mike stood out the most...

Sadness clouded every single one of his features.

"Well, well, a reunion! This is great!"

I got startled at the sound of an obnoxious voice next to us. It belonged to Seth.

I glared at Mike's cousin. There was something really, really off about him.

Something not human.

I noticed that Mike's hands were tightly clenched. He probably hated his cousin.

"Seth, get the fuck out of my face right now, or I swear you are going to regret it." Mike was furious. He looked as if he could be deadly at any moment.

"Oh? There's been many things that you regret." Seth remarks with a smirk.

Now I could see why Mike would hate this guy so much.

Mike's breathing grew a lot faster and his face was gaining back all of the emotion he had lost. But, only in anger and hatred.

Nancy left the room to greet Steve for a few minutes, promising Mike that she would come back. The living room was clearing up, and less people would be socializing in that room.

Soon enough, the three of us were the ones left.

Mike slowly walked closer to Seth, his hands still clenched tight.

"Me and you. Back here. After dinner. I'm gonna beat your ass." He gritted through his teeth.

"Are you sure that's the right way to go, Wheeler? Remember, I could just ruin you at any moment..tear you up." Seth muttered under his breath, loud enough for only Mike to hear. But, I heard him....

...and I had no idea what that meant.

My eyebrows furrowed. I was so confused, and this so called "Seth" guy was fishy.

"My life is already ruined." Mike responded with a crack in his voice.

"Fine then."

Seth then left the room, leaving just Mike and I standing near each other. He un clenched his hands, which left tiny cuts.

His eyes softened when he turned to me, and his anger disappeared.

He still wasn't happy though.

..and I wasn't either.

But I could tell, he still loved me with all his heart even through the mask.

deep down...

I did too.

______________________________

Hehehee I'm finally writing again!💕

I can't loose you again.(A Mileven Story) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें