A New Start

I watched as the large, well built men unloaded all of our belongings from the bright red removal van. Our new house was quite big, but not as big as our old house back in Brighton.

My mum had decided that it would be the best option for me and her to move out from our old house, she claimed it was "too big" after my brother left for university and my father decided to leave us four years ago. I didn't really mind the concept of moving house, it was moving cities that scared me the most. we wee now living in Birmingham and if I'm going to be honest, I wasn't really sure what to think. I'd heard mixed reviews about Birmingham however I just decided to ignore them all an focus on getting a fresh start, hopefully in a great new city.

 We watched as the last of the boxes came through the front door, this one was labelled "Olivia's room" meaning that this box was mine. I took the box away from the removal worker and pounded up the stairs with it. For me, the most exciting thing about moving house would definitely have to be re-designing my bedroom.

I put the final box onto my bed, it was like a game of Tetris, before slumping down on the large windowsill seat type thing and looked out of the window as I watched the removal van that bought us here, drive away. across the street, a few local residents were out hanging up bunting around telegraph poles and across their neighbours fences. It looked very pretty but I couldn't help but wonder why they were doing it.

That evening, me and mum ordered a takeaway, considering we didn't really have a kitchen yet. We decided that tomorrow, I would be allowed out to explore the area whilst my mum and some builders would start to get the house into shape.

after eating quite possibly the most satisfying Chinese takeaway I'd ever had, I decided that I could do with some sleep. I went into my designated bathroom (me and mum got one each) and began to take off my makeup. After, I applied some moisturiser before tying my long mousy brown hair into a messy bun and walking across into my new room.

Luckily, I had remembered to remove the boxes from my bed before I got too tired to do anything physical. I pulled back the covers and re-tucked them around myself before opening the twitter app on my phone.

"@oliviawilson: first full day as a Brummie tomorrow, can't wait...goodnight.x"

And with that, I fell into a peaceful slumber.

A/N: Hey guys! My name is Becca and I really hope you like the first chapter of my new fanfic. I've been working on this for so long so I hope many of you enjoy it! Anyway, i'm dedicating this chapter to my fab friends Alice and Caitlin so I hope they are reading this! Love you girls! Anyway, i'll try and update regulary. don't forget to follow me and vote and comment! -Becca x