Forever And Always, Remember?

~Brad's POV~

The final day soon approached. If Liv didn't wake up then that would be it. The doctors had tried to call it quits several times over the last few weeks however luckily, everytime I was there and ready to stop them.

The boys, Lizzie (who had decided to come back for the final day) and myself all piled into the minivan that James drove for what we hoped would be our last trip to the hospital. It could be our last trip becuase Liv would wake up or it could be the last trip becuase she wouldn't wake up; I much prefered the first option.

The journey there was silent and tense. I would occasionally reseive a reasuring text from either one of my parents or my sister.

When we finally arrived at the hospital, we did our usual routine of washing our hands and signing in with the old, misrerable woman on the front desk before nervously making our way up to intensive care.

Since it was essentially Liv's last day, everyone was allowed to come and see her. My family wanted to arrive after us to give us all some time first.

We all went into her room that had recently been filled with balloons and flowers for if..when she woke up. Most of the flowers were from me or my sister as it was something my family did often when someone we cared about was feeling down or was ill or in Liv's case, nearly dead.

"How is she doing?" James asked a docter as he fiddled around with some equpitment on a trolly in Liv's room.

"Not great, she only has 3 hours of sedation left and it's not looking too good." He said sadly, holding a sympathetic smile. James nodded as I went over to my usual seat next to Liv's bed and taking her hand in mine.

"Hey, it's me again." I informed her as I knew she could here me. She didn't move or make any response however, I don't know why I ever excpected her to.

We deiced to spend potentially the last few hours of Liv's life wisely. I refused to belive she was going to die so I decided to keep the spirits up.

"James, did you bring my guitar in?" I asked. James nodded and bought it into the room and handed it to me to tune up.

"Maybe we should sing some of her favourite songs, she can here us after all." I suggested. The boys all nodded in agreement and Lizzie took my space in the chair so I could play my guitar.

I then suggested we should sing Liv's all time favourite song, Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I took in a deep breath, trying to hold in all of my emotions to sing this one song.

"All I am is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach
But I stand
In California with my toes in the sand
Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered
Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high-waisted shorts, oh

She knows what I think about
And what I think about
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no

'Cause it's too cold
For you here and now
So let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

And if I may just take your breath away
I don't mind if there's not much to say
Sometimes the silence guides our minds
So move to a place so far away
The goose bumps start to raise
The minute that my left hand meets your waist
And then I watch your face
Put my finger on your tongue
'Cause you love to taste, yeah

These hearts adore
Everyone the other beats hardest for
Inside this place is warm
Outside it starts to pour

Coming down
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no, no, no