I'm Mr Brightside

I woke up the following morning to hear a lot less noise than the first time round. I sighed at that, at least that was just a one off, unless Brad goes away again...

Speaking of Brad, I rolled over to my nightstand and picked up my phone before unlocking it, the brightness of the screen illuminating my still slightly dark room. I unlocked it to see a text from Brad.

1 New Message: Brad:)

Good morning Olivia! Just checking you're still on for today, come to mine at about 10?x

I then remembered back to yesterday, he had asked me to come and watch his band practice. I tried my hardest to force back a smile before quickly typing a reply.

Message to: Brad:)

morning! yeah sure I'd love to, see you later!x

That will do. I locked my phone and put it on charge before deciding that I should probably get up. It had just gone 9am and I had to meet Brad at 10 so that left me with just under an hour to get ready. I wanted to make a good first impression on these boys considering that I would probably be seeing them a lot as Brad lives opposite me.

I began by jumping in the shower. My hair didn't need washing so I just used my favourite Soap And Glory body wash to refresh myself before exiting the shower and wandering over to my wardrobe.

After a short matter of contemplation, I decided to wear a floral tank top, black leggings and my favourite denim jacket from TopShop. I threw on my clothes before styling my hair into a simple fishtail braid, flowing down one side. my hair was quite long so the plait reached just above my waist.

I rushed down to quickly have some breakfast. I entered the kitchen to find my mum sat drinking a cup of tea and reading the newspaper. I turned the kettle on to boil before sitting down on a chair next to my mum.

"morning Liv, what are your plans for today?" mum asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm just heading over the road to Brad's house, the boy I met yesterday. He has a band and wants me to hear them!" I told her, hopelessly trying to hide the excitement in my voice.

"Ok, well have fun. don't do anything you might regret." she replied as she got up, folding over the newspaper as she did so. I rolled my eyes at how worried my mum got, I only met Brad yesterday for goodness sakes!

she left the kitchen promptly as the kettle finished boiling. I poured myself some tea and quickly whipped up some toast before sitting back down and repeating my mums actions of reading the newspaper.

After I had finished eating and reading about the some of the boring stories in the newspaper, I headed back up stairs to finish getting ready. I only had about 10 minutes however it would only take me about 30 seconds to walk to Brad's house.

I applied my everyday makeup, taking extra care to get it as perfect as possible today, before spritzing my Lola perfume over myself and grabbing my blue Vans from under my bed.

I took my phone off charge and put it in my pocket along with a £10 note just in case before heading out the door and over to Brad's house.

As I crossed the road, nervousness suddenly took over me. What if they don't like me? What if I do something to embarrass myself? I tried to push the thoughts to the back of my mind as I slowly knocked on the front door.

Less than a minute later, the door opened, but not by Brad.

"Hi, I'm Connor, I'm guessing you're Olivia?" the boy, Connor, said.

I smiled nervously before replying.

"Yeah I am, nice to meet you Connor!"

 Connor took me inside where the rest of the boys were waiting. They all introduced themselves, James, Tristan and then Connor again. Brad had already gone down to his basement to set up the instruments while we stayed behind to introduce ourselves.