I See Fire

It had been a week since I had last seen brad. We had spoken over the phone or over text but it wasn't the same. Being in his company gave me a great happiness that I couldn't even begin to describe.

As for the other boys, they had all gone back to their own houses in their different towns. We had all promised to meet up again soon and i had no doubt in my mind that we would.

I had spent most of my second week in Birmingham decorating my new room and helping mum with the rest of the house. It looked a lot better than it first did when we had first moved in and I was glad about that.

My room had white walls with a few posters and canvases plastered neatly on one wall. I had a white double bed with a vintage style duvet and a cute vanity station my Grandma had got me as a sort of moving house gift.

After waking up at the stupid time of seven thirty in the morning, I decided to just stay up and play on my phone for a while.

At around nine, I recieved a text from Brad.

1 New Message: Brad:)

Good morning Liv, i'm going to Tris' house tonight for a bonfire and was wondering if you would be my plus one?;)xx

I smiled at his message before quickly typing a reply.

Message to: Brad:)

of course I would love to! see you soon xx

I put my phone on charge before quickly going for a shower. I knew that Tristan lived a few hours away so knowing Brad, he'd probably want to leave quite early.

An hour and a half later, Brad rang my doorbell. I had decided to wear a pink fluffy cropped jumper with blue high waisted jeans and my white converse. Brad wore a pair of extremely tight black skinny jeans with black vans and undone checked shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. He looked good!

"Ready to go?" he asked as we left my front porch. I nodded as we hopped into his car.

"Arctic Monkeys?" he asked as he pulled out a CD from his glove compartment in his car. I nodded again excitedly as he put the disk in the player. This is another thing I oved about Brad, we had the same music taste.

Around five hours later (after stopping three times thanks to my awful bladder) we arrived at Tristan's house. It was huge! we parked alongside the other boys' cars and made our way through the back gate into the massive garden where already the bonfire was burning strong. We said hello to everyone before taking a seat on one of the benches around the fire.

We all sat around for a while, making small talk amongst ourselves and having the occasional laughing fit at something someone had said until it got dark.

Tristan's mum brought out some food which we all gladly ate before returning back to our conversations for a while longer.

"How about a sing song?" Brad suggested as he picked up his guitar from behind him. we all gathered round Brad as he began to sing one of my favourite songs: I See Fire by Ed Sheeran.

"Oh, misty eye of the mountain below
Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke
Keep watching over Durin's sons

If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night

Calling out father oh
Stand by and we will
Watch the flames burn auburn on
The mountain side high

And if we should die tonight
Then we should all die together
Raise a glass of wine for the last time

Calling out father oh
Prepare as we will
Watch the flames burn auburn on
The mountain side
Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire
Inside the mountain
I see fire
Burning the trees
And I see fire
Hollowing souls
I see fire
Blood in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me

Oh, should my people fall
Then surely I'll do the same
Confined in mountain halls
We got too close to the flame

Calling out father oh
Hold fast and we will
Watch the flames burn auburn on
The mountain side
Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire
Inside the mountain
I see fire
Burning the trees
I see fire
Hollowing souls
I see fire
Blood in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me

And if the night is burning
I will cover my eyes
For if the dark returns
Then my brothers will die
And as the sky is falling down
It crashed into this lonely town
And with that shadow upon the ground
I hear my people screaming out

Now I see fire
Inside the mountains
I see fire
Burning the trees
I see fire
Hollowing souls
I see fire
Blood in the breeze

I see fire (oh you know I saw a city burning) (fire)
And I see fire (feel the heat upon my skin, yeah) (fire)
And I see fire (uh-uh-uh-uh) (fire)
And I see fire burn auburn on the mountain side"

Brad and I pretty much sang the whole song as a duet until the other boys caught on with the words.

"I love that song" I told him as everyone resumed in normal conversations once again. Brad smiled at me as we got up to go and get some drinks.

"You have an amazing voice, by the way" I told Brad as I poured some lemonade into a glass.

"thank you, so do you!" Brad replied as he took a can of coke out of the mini fridge.

Just as I began to walk away, our eyes met again. I couldn't help this time by leaning in as he coppied my actions. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for what was going to happen next, however, it never did.

"You guys ok?" James' voice interupted us. We quickly moved apart as Brad groaned in defeat. We looked at eachother awkwardly before heading back over to the others who were sat around cracking jokes to eachother.

Well that nearly happened.

A/N: hellooooo!!!! so guess what! I met Chai (mynameschai on youtube) today! he was so cool and ncice and yeah:)

I want to dedicate this chapter to my friend Tom because he made me listen to I See Fire and its now one of my favourite all time songs!

ok its a short one cus my family are downstairs and i'm feeling antisocial aha - Becca x