The Last Day

My final day in Birmingham had arrived and to say I was feeling emotional was an understatement. I hadn't gone a day without crying since the day my mum had told me we were moving to Cornwall.

After Brad's very Tumblr worthy speech, I knew we would be ok. I didn't like the idea of  a long distance relationship but I was willing to make it work if he was.

I decided to spend my last day with Brad. The day previous had been spent with Nat and hers and Brad's parents playing board games and watching movies. Brad had decided to take me back to the field where we had our first date. He bought his guitar and a picnic so I knew it would be a good day, even if we were both upset.

"firstly, are you still opening for us at the gig next month? Joe needs to know." Brad asked, obiously wanting to get the admin out of the way.

I then suddenly remembered something not so great.

"Ummm, I may have forgotten to ask my mum about that. Sorry! It was a really bad time to ask her when I wanted to and I haven't exactly spoken to her too much since that day." I exused myself, Brad's face turning to worry.

"Ok, well tell her soon Ok? I'll pay for your train, just please promise me you'll come!" He said, worry clear in his voice. I instantly felt bad so decided to change the topic of conversation.

We ate the picnic food quite slowly, knowing full well that the day was going far too quick.

"Brad, I don't want this day to end." I said sadly.

"me either." Brad replied in an equally as sad tone. I relectently checked the time to realise that my mum was planning on leaving in an hour.

"We should get back soon, to check i've packed everything and such." I told Brad, starting to stand up. Brad however obviously had other ideas as he pulled me back down and picked up his guitar.

"Not yet, I want to remind you that wherever you are, you are still my girl and nothing will ever change that." He told me before strumming a tune on his guitar that I reconised instantly.

 "For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye
You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door
I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together
Someday
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing stays the same
So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are"

I wiped away a few tears that I had let fall during the song as Brad put his guitar down.

"I know the lyrics don't exactly match our situation, you're not moving a plane ride away but I thought it could still be relevent." He blushed.

"Thank you." I beamed before we both lent in and kissed, slowly but pasionately.

Once we arrived back at my house, It seemed to be just as empty as it was when we had first moved in. Brad's parents and Nat had come out to say goodbye as well as a few of the neighbours.

We all hugged and said goodbye, I was trying to drag out the little time we had left by going back to everyone, even if I didn't really know them. Finally and unfortunately, It came down to Brad and I. We were both crying, Brad had tried to pursuade my mum to let me stay with him but she just said no.

"I don't want to say goodbye." I cried onto Brad's shoulder as we stood in an embrace. We both knew that this would be the last time we'd see eachother for a while as he couldn't visit straight away until we had proerly moved in.

"Then don't say it. You of all people should know that famous quote. how does it go?" Brad said, knowing full well that I did know the quote he was talking about.

"Don't say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forever." I told Brad confidently with a slight wobble in my voice due to me crying.

"There you go." Brad replied before closing the remaining space between us with a gentle kiss. I pulled him even closer, wrapping my arms around his neck. I could hear my mum and his mum saying 'how cute we are' in the background but I didn't care, I loved this boy and I really didn't want to have to leave him.

After a very emotional scene with brad, we parted our separate ways. I got in the car and Brad shut the door for me as I rolled down the window so that I could still speak to him before we drove off. My mum started off the engine and slowly began to drive down the street. We both waved out of the windows and brad ran alongside the car until we hit the main road.

"See you soon!" he shouted as we lost sight of our little street.

Goodbye Birmingham.

A/N: OH MY GOD THIS CHAPTER IS SO SAD!!! Alice, you're gonna love me for this;)

I litterally feel so bad for not uploading every day! I've had a friend stay for the last week and now im staying at hers this week but im home for tonight as i have the orthodontist tomorrow. i'm getting bottom braces tomorrow, urgh i already have top ones.

ok, hope you enjoy this chapter! night guys -Becca x