The Weight Of Living

A few days had passed and so far, I was enjoying my new home. I had invited Lizzie over to stay as I hadn't seen her in far too long.

Since they started Uni, my three best friends had drifted meaning that Lizzie was my only best friend left. I knew it was for the best but I still missed the others.

We were just having a bit of laptop time after pigging out on pizza and cookies when I suddenly recieved a very exciting email; I read it allowed to Lizzie.

"Olivia,

I have recently watched a performance you did where you covered one of our songs. I must admit, I dont usually like other people covering our music however yours was incredible!

We feel that you have a gift and would love to work with you on a collaboration for a bit of fun whilst we are in London sometime this week. I have left my buisness number attached for you to get back to us.

We hope you accept our offer and I hope this email wasn't too formal!

Dan, Bastille."

"OH MY GODDDDD!!!!" Lizzie screamed once I was done. I was untterly speachless. Bastille were one of my favourite bands and they wanted to sing with me?!

Later that day it occured to me when I was on the train after speaking to Dan (from Bastille!!!) that I was about to go and sing with them. They made out that it was just for a bit of fun however I had never been more excited!

Lizzie and I got the train to their studio in London and I rang Brad on route to tell him what was going on. At first, he didn't beleive me, great boyfriend he is, but in the end he was just as excited as I was.

We arrived at the studio sooner that I was ready for but by the time we got let in and were given passes, I had let the fangirling settle.

the receptionist showed us to their studio and we were soon greeted with warm hugs from Dan (OMG) and the rest of the band.

The fact that they were willing to do this the same day they had sent the email was crazy, luckily I already knew all of their songs.

"What song do you want to sing, preferbly one of ours if thats ok?" Dan asked as we set the equiptment up. I soon decided on my favourite Bastille song.

"Weight Of Living part one?" I asked, still quite nervous.

"Of course!" Dan smiled as we sat on the stools and pressed record.

"There's an albatross around your neck,

All the things you've said,

And the things you've done,

Can you carry it with no regrets,

Can you stand the person you've become,

Ooh there's a light 

 Your Albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

Stepping forward out into the day

Shrugging off the dust and memory

Though it's soaring still above your head

It is out of sight and none shall see

Oooh there's a light 

 Your albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

When you just can't seem to shake

The weight of living

It's the sun in your eyes, in your eyes 

Your albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

When you just can't seem to shake

The weight of living

The weight of living"

Once we had finished recording, I was litetally on such a high that I couldn't help but smile like the chesire cat.

"That was amazing Oliva, thank you so much and we really hope you get signed to a label soon!" Dan said happily as he handed me a copy of our recording.

I thanked Dan and the guys before leaving with Lizzie who was still extremely starstruck.

"I cannot belive that just happened!" she exclaimed once we got outside.

"Me either! This was the best end to the craziest year!" I replied.

A/N: urghh guys I hate this chapter! Its so short and pointless but I decided to keep it anyway.

I don't even know why I even wrote this...lol.

okkkkkk, so its officially 1 month and 10 days till i see The Vamps and I am v v v excited!!!

i'm currently writing this from my mums room cus my grandparents are staying so they're using my room which sucks. I'm sleeping in my sisters room but shes already gone to sleep so i couldn't really upload in there.

ok, i'm going now, byeeeeeeeee!

vote,comment,share,follow -Becca x