The Day My World Came Crashing Down. Literally.

~Brad's POV~

After saying goodbye to Liv at the airport, The boys, Lizzie and I decided to go back to my family house as my mum said she would had bought pizza and ice cream to cheer us all up.

We were all silent pretty much the whole way home, the only sound coming from the low drone of the music on the radio that none of us cared to listen to.

When we arrived home, Nat came out to the car and pulled me into a hug, she had clearly been upset about Liv leaving as well however she couldn't go to the airport as she had to work.

We all went inside and piled into the kitchen to each get a couple of slices of the pizza my mum had made.

I sat at the table a long with everyone else before pulling out my phone and checking it incase Liv had texted me or anything, silently hoping she'd changed her mind about Australia.

"Mate, she can't use her phone on the plane." James said, knowing full well what I was doing. I nodded in understandment and carried on eating my pizza.

After we had finished eating, we all decided to do something to distract ourselves from the fact that Liv had left. Nat suggested we watched the news as it would hopefully give us something to talk about.

I turned on the news channel and we all sat and watched, not really properly listening until a breaking news flash came on.

"A plane has crashed on its way to Australia."

My heart rate instantly picked up and I suddenly felt very hot and dizzy. It couldn't have been Liv's plane?!

"Reports suggest that the plane had recently taken off from Heathrow airport in London and crashed not far into the flight due to a suspected engine failure."

In this moment, I didn't know what to think. I was shaking uncontrolably. The boys try to calm me down but I noticed that Lizzie was also panicking.

Con stayed by her and comforted her, the boys tried to tell me that it wasn't her plane but I think they were just trying to reasure themselves for my sake.

"We need to go" I stuttered, standing up and picking up my keys.

"Brad, you are in no fit state to drive, I will." James said firmly, grabbing the keys out of my hand.

We all piled into my car and James drove us back to the airport. Con sat with Lizzie to try and keep her calm however nothing was calming me down. I was having a full on panic attack in the passanger seat next to James.

It was a weird feeling. I was cold one minute then hot the next. I was dizzy and breathless and couldn't stop shaking as uncontrolable sobs left my mouth.

For all I know, Liv could be dead. My girlfriend, the best thing thats ever happened to me may no longer be alive and I had no idea.

Once we arrived at the airport, the car park was rammed with cars, various cars belonging to the emergency services and some that had been left here whilst their owners were enjoying most probably an amazing holiday somewhere in the world.

James eventually found a parking space and we all ran as fast as we could into the police barriered airport. We were allowed through as far a the departures lounge as we lied and told the police officers that we had to catch a plane, even though there were none currently running.

We got as far as departures when the chaos esculated. Police officers, ambulance staff, doctors and detectives all rushed around busily as bodies were being transported on wheely beds through the terminal. Most of the people looked to still be alive however were in a very bad way.