Chapter 10

Enjoy !

****

"Where were you?"

I smiled and looked up at Jason. "Always in a wonderful mood. How are you?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Is that the first thing you say to me?"

"I called you. Where is your phone?"

"I missed your calls. I'm sorry. I didn't notice the time." I said walking closer to his desk.

"Where were you?" He asked again and I huffed.

"At a cafe."

"And you're an hour late for that?"

I sighed smiling. "Like I said I didn't notice the time. I'm here to take the flash for the conference."

He just looked at me not saying anything.

I laughed lightly. "What?"

I'm sure he smells fear.

"What were you doing there until now?"

"Jason why are you interrogating me? I'm a big girl, you know?" I smiled but he just looked at me.

He opened the drawer and took out the flash.

"Were you alone?"

I quickly snatched the flash and walked to the door. "Thank you. I'll see you later."

I quickly walked out before he could say anything else. I'm already late so he can keep interrogating me later.

Or so I thought because as soon as I walked out of the office I was pulled right back in.

"Have you lost your mind?" I gasped with a laugh as Jason closed the door again.

"Answer my question?"

"What question?" I asked smiling but he just kept a straight face.

"Were you alone?" He asked in a demanding tone.

I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Seriously. You know how I am. How many friends do I have?"

I asked hoping he would just agree and let it go, knowing that I didn't have friends before him and his siblings.

Just mind play.

"Are you forgetting that I taught everything you know about tricks and mind play? So this is not working. It's a yes or no question." He said burying his hands in his pockets.

"No."

"No, you weren't alone or no, you didn't forget I taught you everything."

"No I wasn't alone." I answered looking at the door. "Can I go now?"

I know that would be too easy. But I can still try.

"Who?"

"Someone I met there. Not friends yet. We just talked."

He hummed nodding. "Name?"

"Do you need to know?"

"Name?" He asked looking at me still with a straight face.

"Dean." I said. "And can you show an expression?"