Chapter 58

Sorry for the delay guys! Here it is.

And my book has been taken taken from Amazon. So thanks to you all. You guys are amaaazziinnggg!!! 😭❤️

Btw, do you know any good Netflix show? Looking for something new to watch.

¥¥¥¥¥

** Victoria's POV **

"So, what? She just told you to open your eyes to what?" Jason asked as I finished explaining what my mother said yesterday.

"I don't know?" I shrugged. "She said the demon has them. Maybe she's confusing the past with the present again." I said not trying to hide the frustration in my voice.

"Maybe." He mumbled.

"But I thought she was doing better. I mean, she is doing better. But I want her to move on, but she keeps holding onto him."

"Maybe the best for her isn't to let go." He said with a shrug. "She obviously loves him and the idea of letting go may not be the best for her." He finished and I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Just leave her and her demon alone, demon's child."

I let out a small laugh. "You're really making jokes about this situation."

"You're the one making a big deal out of it. The idea of your father isn't hurting her. So, leave her with her memories of him." He smiled grabbing my hand before pulling to stand between his legs.

"I just want her to be okay. But I'll try." I mumbled and he moved his arms around my waist.

"It's nice to know that if I died, you would erase all memories of me." He said and I snorted at him.

"Yes. I would erase everything and meet a knight in shining armor that would come into my life and help me fight the pain of losing my first love." I said dramatically before looking at him through my lashes.

"Watch me come back to haunt your ass."

I chuckled placing my head on his shoulder. "You're an idiot."

But he may be right. Maybe holding onto my father's memory is comforting her, and maybe letting go isn't the best thing for her. Well that's what my mind says now.

But there's another feeling, I don't know why that explanation isn't enough for me. The way she speaks has always been too clear, and the constant use of the present, and her talking about him not being far.

And maybe a part of me is also hoping that everything she says isn't just in her head, but my mom has always been a very wise woman. Even with her illness, most of the things she said were in codes and riddles, but they always meant something.

Always.

"Stop overthinking, woman." Jason said pinching my sides making me jump a little and I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Let me overthink in peace." I sighed and quickly turned accidently hitting my leg on his desk, making me let out a small wince.

"Are you okay?" He asked grabbing my arm and I nodded.

"Yeah." I smiled and he shook his head a little.

"See? This exactly what your mother was talking about. Don't fucking look without seeing. Open your damn eyes."

I couldn't help but laugh at it. "She didn't say it like that."

"She wanted to."

"Whatever. You should go or you're going to be late for your meeting with your father." I said and started walking around his desk but he wrapped his arm around me pulling me back.