Chapter 56

** Victoria's POV**

"Mr. Knight!" I gasped as I opened my door before trying my best to hide my confusion and shock. "Please come in." I quickly said stepping aside for him to come in.

I close the door and showed him the living-room. He took a seat and I just did the same wondering the reason of his visit.

"You don't have to look so surprised." He started, noticing my expression. "Jason told me your mother was moving in today. I came to see how everything was going." He explained.

"Uhm good. Everything is ready. I'm just gonna go pick her up tomorrow morning." I said.

"Do you have everything you need? All the equipments?"

"Yeah. I... I have everything." I said nervously and he nodded.

"That's good." He smiled lightly. "And Kevin has been bothering you, hasn't he?" He asked and I nodded. "And he also keeps lying to you. But nothing that comes out of his mouth is the truth."

"He is desperate at this point. His brother is not with him anymore, and neither is his nephew. His niece is just an insignificant piece of their little game." He explained and I looked down shamefully.

I sighed feeling stupid for believing he really had two nephews. "He told me he had two nephews."

"He lied. He has a nephew and a niece. Cindy Kyle is her name."

That bitch.

I knew it.

I nodded almost slapping myself for always forgetting how sick this man really is.

"Kevin lies. And he lies for nothing. So, don't believe anything he tells you. He doesn't know anything about your father or anybody else. And he certainly doesn't know anything about your parents' marriage or your childhood."

That asshole just had fun messing with my mind he knew I was vulnerable and wanted answers. And I was naive enough to just listen to him and believe without questioning.

I just nodded and he then stood up.

"I'm glad your mother is recovering." He said and I stood up too as he made his way to the door. "And whatever you need, don't hesitate." He continued. "Never. You are family, okay?"

I nodded slowly with a smile. "Thank you."

He nodded and opened the front before walking out. "Goodbye, Vicky."

"Bye." I smiled before closing the door and locking it.

They caught Donovan and Dean. Kevin and Cindy are still out there. The two people I have personal problems with.

Just great.

**Flashback 22 years**

"What's wrong, baby?" Stella asked when she noticed her younger son sitting on the couch with deep frown on his face.

"I don't like her." He frowned not moving from his position.

"But you pulled her hair, baby." His mother smiled sitting beside him. "That wasn't really nice either."

"It's big. I just wanted to touch it." He frowned glaring at Victoria.

"Come here." She smiled pulling him closer to her. "You shouldn't touch every girl's hair."

"She's mean." He said again and Victoria turned to look at him.

She stood up and to the table to grab a cookie and stood in front of them before handing it to him.