Chapter 32

"Elena!" I yelled jumping in fright when I see her using her phone while walking around my living-room.
"What are you doing here?"

"I'm happy to see you too." She rolled her eyes with a smile. "I took one of the spare rooms. I told you I was moving in here."

My frown of confusion turned into a smile. "I thought you were just saying that. So you're my new bodyguard?"

She nodded. "You found out."

My jaw dropped as I looked her accusingly. "You knew."

"Of course I knew. But I wasn't going to tell you after Kevin attacked you. You were going to complain and your safety comes before your wants." She said and shrugged.

She sat on the couch and frowned slightly before reaching under the pillow and took the care that had Kevin's number and that I completely forgot.

"What's that?" She asked as I walked closer to her. "Who's number is that?"

"Just something from work. I forgot about it." I replied taking the card from her.

She is going to be freaking out and definitely tell Jason. I don't intend on using it.

For now.

But you never know. I still want to keep it. He knows more than anyone right now.

"I'm going to loose my mind."

"You spend your days with Seb and Jae. It's a miracle you haven't lost it yet."

I grabbed her arm and start walking out of the living-room. "You grew up with them."

"And it was hell." She exclaimed as we walked into my bedroom. "Are you going to tell me who was the guy you were talking about on our spa day?"

"Nope."

She groaned jumping on my bed. "Come on. Please. I will keep it a secret. Just tell me please."

"No. You'll know when the time is right. And it is not my position to tell." I said and she frowned. "But I'll give you a hint." I said and her face lit up a little.

"I'm listening."

"He's a man."

She gave me a dirty look before throwing a pillow at me.

"It's something." I laughed and went to my closet.

She said she had a crush on Marco since she was a child, but just 'gave up' after a few years. So if I give her a hint, she's smart, she's going to figure it out.

I can't wait to see her face in a few days when we go to Rome, and she finds out it's Marco.

She was awfully quiet the last time she saw him and that was a year ago. And I don't know anyone who can have that type of reaction out of her.

And then she tried to convince me that she was over her crush on him. Crush that she can hide when he's not around, but really shows every time she sees him.

The only opportunity I have to tease her.

"But we're going to Rome soon. Do you know who is going to be there for the conference?Someone we know?" I heard her ask slowly.

I smirked to myself unzipping my dress and took it off.

"Like who?"

"I don't know. I'm just asking."

"Of course you are." I muttered grabbing a bathrobe and put it on.

"So who is going to be there?" She asked again and I laughed walking out of my closet while taking my earrings off.

"Yes Elena. Marco is going to be there." I grinned at her and her face suddenly turned into a light shade of red.

"I wasn't asking for him. I just wanted to know who was going to be there." She said way too quickly.

"Of course."

"It's true." She said defensively. "We should watch 'friends', since there's no work tomorrow."

I nodded as she grabbed my remote. "Let me take a shower first."

I turned around to leave but stopped before I entered the bathroom.

"If you wanted to know about all the people that were going to be at the conference, why did you stop asking just when I told you that Marco was going to be there?" I asked and she gasped before grabbing another pillow.

I laughed and ran into the bathroom before closing the door shut before she can throw it at me.

*****

"What's on your mind?" I asked while getting on my bed.

She's been daydreaming from the moment I walked out of the bathroom after my shower and got dressed.

"Nothing."

"Marco And Elena sitting in the tree, K-I-S-"

"Victoria!" She yelled slapping my arm but I didn't fail to see the smile that appeared on her face.

I laughed at her and she hit me again before my phone started ringing. I grabbed it from the nightstand and stopped laughing when I saw the name of the caller.

Dean.

I hesitated before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hi Victoria."

"Dean." And here I was kind of hoping he forgot about me, or deleted my number after the auction incident.

"You sound happy to hear from me."

"No, it's not that. I'm just surprised."

"Well you shouldn't be." He replied. "I kind of pressured you to go out with me the last time."

I looked at Elena and she raised her eyebrows at me. "Dean?" She mouthed.

I shrugged. "It's fine. I'm sorry again about the last time."

"No problem. I wanted to tell you that there's actually an exposition tomorrow with some of my work. Would you like to come?"

"You want to invite me to an exposition." I repeated looking at Elena hoping she would tell me what to do.

"Does he have a death wish?" She whispered before sitting up. "Say yes. I'll go with you."

"Sure. I will bring a friend with me."

"The one from the last time?" He asked.

"No."

"Okay. Then, it's fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye." I said before hanging up.

Great! I hope it's just a friendly invitation. Elena is coming too anyways. So it's going to be fine.

"Who was that?" Elena asked as soon as I hung up.

"A man who wanted to take me out on a date, b-"

"And he's still alive?" She asked and I shook my head at her expression.

"Stop it."

"What happened then?"

"Your brother." I said shortly as she jumped off the counter.

"I knew it. I just wanted to hear it from you. I told you he was crazy." She laughed receiving a playful glare from me. "What? My brother is a psycho. I warned you."

"Whatever. Let's watch 'friends'."