Chapter 53

**Like some requested, Denzel Washington as Steve***

¥¥¥¥

"I told you yellow gold would look great on her skin. Silver would have been boring." Elena grinned widely grabbing my hand in hers and looked at the ring closely.

We were about to go to their parents' house for dinner. Stella wanted everyone there to 'celebrate' our engagement. Jason disagreed with the idea right away, but Stella just did it anyways.

He said it could be a normal dinner and that the title was unnecessary.

I looked at her smiling. "So, you knew."

"Yep. I always know everything. I helped the designer." She said proudly glancing at her brother who just shook his head.

Well someone is still not happy.

I looked at her questioningly. "Designer?"

"Yes. My dear brother wanted something unique." She smirked earning s glare from Jason.

"Shut the hell up, Elena. I swear you and your big mouth." He mumbled and walked toward the door. "We're gonna be late. Let's go."

I smiled lightly as I watched him walk away.
He always does great things, but then doesn't want to take credit for it. Or doesn't people talking about it.

Just like he has been paying for my mother's treatment from the beginning and made me think that I was the one paying for it. It was only last year that I found out that every time I paid the hospital, the money was immediately sent back to my bank account.

I confronted him about it when I found out, and I thought it was going to change, but the same thing kept happening until now. That doesn't mean I gave. Every month I send the money and the next minute it is back in my account.

****

"You guys are finally here." Seb said from the couch as we walked into the living-room.

"Where is mom?" Elena asked placing her things beside him.

"In the kitchen." He mumbled. "I'm so fucking hungry and you guys were taking your whole damn time."

"You're always hungry." Elena replied with a smile.

"Finally. I was about to call you." We looked at Stella as she walked in the living-room with a huge smile on her face. "I can't believe my son is getting married." She smiled as her eyes watered. "Congratulations." She said pulling us both in a hug.

"Mom, please don't. It's not a big deal."

"Hush. You sound like your father. Of course, it's a big deal." She said. "I'm just proud of you."

Jason shook his head and just walked away from us, but I didn't fail to notice the smile that creeped on his face.

I looked at Elena who wiggled her eyebrows at me with a big smile as we heard two voices in the whole way coming toward.

Hunter soon walked in followed by...

Steve?

"Steve?" I smiled as he stopped in the living-room.

He eyes moved to me and he smiled stopping in his track. "Victoria. How are you?"

"Good." I smiled confused that he was here.

"You two know each other?" Hunter asked looking at Steve with raised eyebrows.

Steve looked at him for a few seconds and nodded before turning to me.