Chapter 67

*** Victoria's POV ***

"You're alright." My mother gasped as soon as we walked through the door and ran toward us to pull me into a tight hug. "They tried to trick me. They tried to lie to me, when I knew you weren't okay."

"I'm okay, mama." I smiled as she gave me another squeeze.

"You are, now." She said pulling back before cupping my face. "Did they hurt you?"

I shook my head with a smile. "No. I'm alright."

"Really?"

I nodded letting out a small laugh when she narrowed her eyes at me, not ready to let it go at all. But she always had a very hard time letting go of things. That was the biggest problem with her and cause of her illness. Some things would just get stuck in her head.

"I'm really okay." I said taking a step back so she can clearly see me. "Look at me."

She looked at me from head to toe slowly with a frown before she turned to look Steve.

"I told you she was fine." He said causing her narrow her eyes at him, giving him an accusing look.

"She is fine now." She stated. "Was she the last time I asked you?"

I held back a smile when I heard him clear his throat awkwardly, not answering. She shook her head before placing her hand back on my cheek.

"Oh my, you haven't eaten yet." She gasped pulling away as her eyes widened. "Of course, you haven't. I'm going to start cooking."

"Mom, it's okay. I can ma-"

"Sshh. I'll be fast." She said before practically running off before I can say anything else. "Go freshen up. I'll be done by the time you finish."

I sighed and turned to face Steve.

"You know how she is." He smiled placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you good?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded furrowing my eyebrows. "Is Jason still there?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Is he going to be okay?"

He chuckled and nodded moving closer. "You shouldn't worry about him. From what I've seen, the biggest problem Hunter has is Sebastian."

I nodded with a small laugh. "You have no idea. He's bratty and unpredictable."

"Go before your mother finds you here." He smiled placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You're right." I laughed turning to go to my room.

******

"Jason!" I squealed as soon as I walked out of the bathroom to find him in my room.

"Hi." He opened his arms.

"Hi." I grinned quickly walking into his open arms. "Thank God you're okay."

I smiled as he hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around him letting myself sink into his warmth, absorbing it. I closed my eyes burying my face into his chest.

"You're unbelievable. I should be the one saying that." He said moving a hand up and down my back.

I pulled my face from his chest looking up at him. I smiled before moving my hands to his shoulders. "I missed you."

He moved one of his hands from my waist to place it on my cheek, moving his thumb over my skin.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked noticing the solemn expression he had. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" My frown deepened when he didn't answer right away and just kept moving his thumb over cheekbone.