Chapter 30

"What do you mean, mom?"

"He was never far. He is here right now. He listens and watches." She whispered and I swear I couldn't help but look around.

Like I said. I couldn't help it.

"Where can I find him?" I asked. "Do you remember where he was buried?"

"It's a secret." She whispered and and I but my lower once more to keep myself from screaming.

This is really frustrating, and I want to know everything so bad, it hurts.
I stood up and walked around the table and sat on it facing her.

"Mom, I really need your help. Kev- 'The black cat' visited me." I said slowly grabbing her hands.

"I told you not to trust them."

"You were talking about him? Who else? His brother?"

She then turned her head to look at me. "I told you not to listen to them. I told you not to trust them." She said getting agitated.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I don't trust them. You know I don't." I said squeezing her hands reassuringly.

If she gets angry or anxious, this won't end up good. It never does. And something that can put her in a bad state is my father.

I looked around and suddenly I could take her out. I'm sure she would like to see something other than the hospital's garden.
But the last time I asked the doctor, he said that it wouldn't be good, since she was still having her attacks. I will think about asking him again.

"Oh. Your crazy friend is here." She smiled looking behind me.

I quickly turned my head to see a smiling Jason by the door. I looked at him confused.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Are you done with your father?"

"Yes." He nodded before turning his gaze to my mom. "How are you Rose?"

"She is stubborn." My mother replied pointing at me, making me gap at her.

Really mom?

"That she is." Jason smirked walking closer. "What did she do?"

I sighed standing up. "Sit down." I said quietly before sitting on the bed as he took a seat.

"I told her not to listen to them or trust them. But she disobeyed me."

My mom is snitching on me. I can't believe this.

Jason nodded in agreement looking at me mockingly. "I confirm. She is stubborn."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Is that why you came?"

"No. There's a emergency at work. I need you there." Jason said, and by the look in his eyes I could tell that it wasn't about work.

Emergency work. Yeah right.

"You can go. Looks like your crazy friend needs you." My mom said before turning to Jason. "Make me wonder what you would do without my little flower."

"I would die." He replied as I smiled getting off the bed to put my heels back on.

"Goodbye, mom." I kissed her cheek and grabbed my purse.

"Goodbye Rose."

"Goodbye Jason." She replied and Jason paused for a moment looking at my mother, then at me with a surprised look.

"So she knows my name."

I chuckled and we left my mother's room. "Of course she does. She just likes to call you my 'crazy friend', like she calls me the 'demon's child'."