Chapter 23

**Victoria's POV**

"So this is your new office." I said and tony, Jason's new assistant, nodded putting his box on the desk. "The boss should be here soon. I'll give you a moment to settle up."

"Thank you, Ms. Mendes."

"The folder on your desk has everything you need to know. Mr. Knight can be hard, but just do your job properly and on time, and everything will be fine."

It wasn't hard to find to find a new assistant. Since Cindy wasn't here for long, I've figured I could just contact someone who was interviewed along with her.

I just hope this one lasts or I'm going to kill someone.

Jason, precisely.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"There a conference in Rome and we're leaving next week for a few days. I know it's of short notice and you've just started today, but Jas- Mr. Knight will need you there."

"No it's okay. I can settle in fast."

"Alright. I'll make the arrangements for you. We're going to need your passport and y-"

"Good morning."

Right on time.

Tony set down the folder he was holding when Jason stopped in front of his desk.

"Good morning. Tony samuels is your new assistant." I said and Jason just nodded before walking to his office.

I watched him walk mentally stabbing him. Can't he just be nice for once? This is getting painful for me.

I'm getting paid to be the  Executive manager, I need a raise for putting up with him without complaining.

I turned to Tony who was looking at Jason's retreating back worriedly.

"Don't worry about his mood. Never worry about his moods." I said quietly. "I'll let you settle in."

I turned and followed Jason, while grabbing his coffee. The door was closed just when I stepped. I rolled my eyes and placed his coffee on his desk.

I turned to face him and he placed his hands on my hips before smiling down at me.

"Good morning."

He started leaning in but I placed my hand on his mouth leaning back.

He narrowed his eyes at me and I did the same.

"I hired him yesterday." I said looking at him seriously. "Just please. Make it last this time Jason. Or next time, I won't be the one looking for an assistant for you. You'll do it on your own."

He started speaking but I couldn't understand because of my hand on his mouth so I took it away.

"Why are you in such a bad mood?"

"Because of you and your attitude. And your temper."

"I'll try to be less strict."

I rolled my eyes at his words. "I was hoping you would say 'nice'."

"Too painful to say." He said.

"Stop. We're at the office." I said mentioning our surroundings.

I gasped when my feet left the ground and I was sat on the desk. I looked at Jason with wide eyes before a laugh escaped me.

"I don't care." He said leaning in again and I leaned back smiling.

"I will tie you down Victoria."