Chapter 14

Enjoy!!!

¥¥¥

"Kevin was the name of the old man I helped in front of the building."

"The man gave you his name and you're waiting until now to tell me." He said pulling back.

"Well I didn't know you had a crazy ex uncle named Kevin." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest.

"I can't believe that fucker came near the building." He mumbled pacing. "What else did he tell you?"

"Nothing. He just thanked me for helping him asked me remember his name." I said sitting on the couch arm rest. "Jason calm down." I said as he just kept pacing.

Of course, he didn't.

He just took his phone out and started dailing a number. Probably his father.

I sighed and watched as he started talking while walking back and forth.

After about fifteen minutes, he hung up and turned to me.

"This is exactly why you just shouldn't be talking to strangers. The man is fucking crazy." He groaned. "He probably knows how close you are to me."

"Jason-" I started but he started again.

"What did he say to you?" He asked again and his questions were also starting to stress me.

"Nothing. He just thanked me for helping him." I said. "Just calm down, please. You're stressing me also."

"I can't believe he had the guts to come close to the building. I'm sure he knows who you a-"

"Jason!" I said loudly cutting him off. He paused before turning to look at me. "Calm down." I added walking closer to him to grab his arm and started pulling him to the couch.

I made him sit down and I sat on the table in front of him.

"The man is crazy. If he talked to you, it's because he knows something." He groaned leaning back on the couch. "He even tried to kill my pregnant mother. That's how crazy he is."

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief moving to sit next to him. "And he was really doing all that because he was adopted?"

He just shrugged before wrapping an arm over my shoulder. "Out of envy, power and money hungry. I honestly have no idea what kind of human being he is."

I snorted at the look on his face. It looked like he was genuinely confused.

"They hurt just for the pleasure of hurting and end up destroying themselves." I said before turning to him with a smile. "That's exactly what he did 25 years ago. And he will make the same mistake again if he tries something bad, and this time it will lead him to his own death."

He chuckled. "And I'm the scary one."

"Yes. Because I learned everything from you."

He just shook his head. "You and your smart mouth." He sighed. "How is your mother?"

"She's good. As good as she can be." I said. "You should come with me next time I go to see her. Or are you scared she's just gonna stare at you like the last time?" I laughed at the memory.