Chapter 62

** Victoria's POV **

Stella walked back into the dining room followed by Hunter looking as unhappy as ever, and the first thing I noticed was that he, at least, wasn't holding his gun this time.

"Elena, how is your boyfriend?" Sebastian asked from the other side of the table.

"She doesn't have one." I said glaring at him and he glared right back.

I heard Elena let out a tiny whimper, which just made me want to break Sebastian's arm and beat him with them.

"How are your parents, Marco?" Stella asked taking the attention from her son.

"They are both fine, Mrs. Knight. My father just isn't taking retirement very well."

She chuckled and gave a small nod. "Well I know someone who can relate to that." She said eyeing her husband.

"Dad is never going to retire. He's always all over our work." Jason chuckled.

"Aren't working from home too when you should be resting." I said giving him a pointed look and he scoffed.

"The pain is barely there anymore. I can work just fine. And someone has to keep tabs on things when Seb is in charge."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sebastian snapped pointing his fork at his brother.

"It means you're lazy." Jason shrugged looking down at his food.

"I would expect Elena to say something like that. Not you." He said pointed at his sister this time getting a glare from her.

"Leave me alone." She hissed, face heating when Marco's eyes landed on her.

"Are you this quiet because Lombardi is here?" Sebastian smirked and she released my hand grabbing her butter knife.

"I said leave me alone." She said lowly again.

Her face heat up even more and she placed the knife down when Marco's eyes stayed on her.

"Mom, she's trying to stab me." Seb said eyeing the knife.

"She's right, Sebastian. Leave her alone. You're the talkative one today." Stella said giving him a warning look.

A look that should tell him to keep it shut before he gets in trouble.

"I'm telling the truth. She's acting differently because of Lombardi". He smiled putting a piece of bread in his mouth.

Strangely Jason and Hunter were silent the whole time just focusing on their food. I honestly didn't know what was going at this table right now. Sebastian was the only hostile.

But Hunter was irritated. It was written all over his face, but he just stayed quiet. It was just surprising that he stayed quiet.

"Mom, can I go back to my room?" Elena suddenly asked dropping her fork and looking at her mom.

"You can." Stella nodded sending daggers at Sebastian, who gulped heavily after meeting her gaze.

"Your ears are going to be bleeding after dinner, young man." Stella said lowly.

Hunter and Jason still haven't said anything.

I looked at Stella silently and she nodded slowly. I stood up and followed Elena to her room.

**Third person**

After dinner, Sebastian stayed behind after Victoria, Jason and Marco left. Victoria needed to go home and the two friends had things to take care of.